Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extensions don’t appear after install by Magento Connect

diazwatson

Total Posts:  35
Spain

Hi everyone

I recently noticed the when I Install extensions by Magento Connect, they don’t appear in the admin Panel.
It is weird because I have installed the same extensions on other stores without problem.

All the stores are running in 1.4.1.1, hosted in the same server.
What could be wrong with this one?
Compilation is disabled and I have refreshed the cache many times.
I also try by logging out and then come back to the admin panel, but nothing.

The extensions I am trying to install are:

Fontis_Recaptcha
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Fontis/extension/1169/fontis-recaptcha

CashOnDelivery
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Phoenix/extension/454/cash-on-delivery

Is there someone else with this problem?

thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeCan

Total Posts:  8

I have the exact same problem. You can see my post a few down from yours (maybe from 3 days ago?). I still have no idea what’s wrong because everything else in the front end and backend seems to work perfectly (everything except installation through connect). I’d install manually but most extensions don’t have the ability to download a zip file, etc. Let me know if you have any ideas - I can always check my install if you think it can help your situation for comparisons.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

JoeCan - 28 August 2010 04:28 PM

I have the exact same problem. You can see my post a few down from yours (maybe from 3 days ago?).

Cared to search these forums for thread discussing problems with the extensions you have installed? If you do search, you will find several threads covering all sorts of issues with these extensions and other problems. Please, SEARCH before posting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeCan

Total Posts:  8

I’m not using the same extensions. I currently have zero extensions installed and have tried installing at least 9-10 NEW and well rated extensions. Surely this can’t be a case of all of them not functioning - if that’s the case, then the connect directory is filled with false information. I tried some of the top rated extensions. And yes, I searched the forums and read a lot of previous posts.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community