Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I move my inventory from an old version to a new installation of magento? 

xgabo

Total Posts:  40

I tried upgrading my store but failed. Is there a way to copy my products over to a new installation? I tried installing a new release and tell it to use my old database but it did not show my products in the database so apparently there in something in the files also that needs to be copied.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

I had major problems upgrading from version 1.0 to 1.1 In the end I had to start from scratch and create a new store, but at least I know I have a fresh clean install now.

If you include more details, in terms of mageneto version and a bit more info, somone might be able to help

Magento Community
Magento Community

paravista

Total Posts:  63

I also installed a new version (1.1) on my old database of 1.0. After install I checked all database tables and made updates - I cross checked with a local clean version. After I have synched all tables it worked fine for me. But there are probably better ways to do it. I actually haven’t been very lucky with a product export / import.

Good Luck!
Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community