Magento Forum

catalog_eav_attribute not being updated

Craig Thompson

Total Posts:  2

I’ve recently run into a problem with the “Manage attributes” section of the Admin area.

Adding a new attribute adds the attribute successfully to the database in the eva_attribute table:

attribute_id       entity_type_id       attribute_code       attribute_model       backend_model       backend_type       backend_table       frontend_model       frontend_input       frontend_label       frontend_class       source_model       is_required       is_user_defined       default_value       is_unique       note
969     10     timeframe     NULL     NULL     int     NULL     NULL     select     Manufacturing Time     NULL eav
/entity_attribute_source_table     0     1     140     0

However, a related record is not added to the catalog_eav_attribute table… which causes the attribute not to show up in the Manage Attributes or any other Attribute area. Adding one manually fixes this problem.

I’ve checked the error logs but I’m seeing no SQL or system errors, so perhaps the script still thinks it’s inserting them correctly? I’ve tried disabling all extensions and still having the problem.

Any help would be great here!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Craig Thompson

Total Posts:  2

This was actually a symptom of a bigger bug. Fix is here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/176130/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community