Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mac HTTP Upload Error issue… subdomain is the problem… need a solution! 

HAL10001

Total Posts:  52
Ann Arbor, MI

I let this go for a long time because I could upload images on the PC, and most people have found a solution to the problem. It was always one of three things:

1.) Remove .htpasswd protection on site (mostly for people who were in a beta stage of development).
2.) Tinker with mod_security settings.
3.) Upgrade version of Flash.

On a client site for us it was the first problem. So I removed that protection, and now it works. However, on a demo site we built running the same exact version, I just could not figure out the problem. That is until I had the same problem with Wordpress’s new Flash image upload. I checked out some forums for Wordpress. The reason we have this problem is because we are running Wordpress (and the demo) on a subdomain.

I now know for sure this is the issue, and I really need a fix for it. I’m pretty certain our host treats subdomains as virtual Web application roots with the VirtualHost directive. This is a dedicated box as well, so I have full access. Even though our subdomain is a folder within the root, I still have to do this on our .htaccess:

RewriteBase /

If I do anything else for a subdomain I get Internal Server 500 error. Can anyone offer any assistance? The host is Nexcess.net, and the control panel is InterWorx-CP. I have full SSH rights as I am the admin as well.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

HAL10001

Total Posts:  52
Ann Arbor, MI

Can I at least get a hosting provider that visits these forums to verify this for sure so that I can submit a bug? The install for my server looks like this:

-- root

-- some miscfile here

-- some miscfile here

-- some miscfile here

-- subdomain

-- (magento files)

The URL would be accessed as follows:

http://subdomain.myprimarydomain.com/

Now try and upload a product image for a product on Mac OSX in either Firefox or Safari. I know that configs for Linux distros can vary significantly, but I can’t believe some people still aren’t having this problem. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Georges@Bitbol

Total Posts:  104
Paris, France

Did you succeed ?
Cause none of the solution I have found works for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

try removing flash 10 plugin and downgrade to flash 9. worked for me.  it has to do with flex.js file used in the uploader. 

good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Total Posts:  74
Hossegor, France

Actually I didn’t get any issue about subdomain or .htaccess config.

But it’s true that :
* uploading with flash 10 doesn’t work for Mac platform
* uploading with HTTS enabled and a self signed certificate also causes error : SSL Error: Invalid or self-signed certificate (even on FF windows)

Does anyone has tried with a valid certificate to compare ??

Magento Update 1.1.7 seems to have fixed the flash 10 issue.
I have made the switch to 1.1.7 and it’s now working with flash 10 but not with flash 9 player installed.

Magento 1.1.7 and flash 10 are working fine even on Mac , that’s already not bad…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community