Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Poll
Would you find this feature useful?
Yes 5
No 3
Total Votes: 8
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Comeback Coupon

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

Hi

I have recently reviewed Magento and I am seriously considering moving from our current solution (osCommerce based) to using Magento as the core solution.

However before such a move I would need to add some of the features we are currently using. I am going to add these “missing” features as separate posts to see what people think.

What I would really like to know is:
1. Although I have searched, does anybody know of this or a similar feature being discussed elsewhere?
2. Will the Magento team state whether this or a similar feature will be added to the core solution within the next 6 months?
3. Any comments from the community to improve my suggested feature.

Feature:

Aim: To entice customer back that leave your site while in the checkout process

Example: On my current sites, if a customer leaves (closes browser / navigates to 3rd party site) while on any of the checkout pages, they would get a popup asking them to come back and offering them a coupon for free shipping.

Suggested Solution: Very simple I guess...adding code to checkout pages that simply opens popup if checkout is not completed.  Perhaps there could be an on/off button in admin and perhaps a way to quickly change the coupon code on offer.  Although I know nothing about it, trialpay.com seems like an interesting alternative to coupons.

Many thanks in anticipation

Toby

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community