Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No extensions show-up in configuration menu (or work) but install perfectly? 

JoeCan

Total Posts:  8

I’m hoping someone can help me! I’m so lost here…

I download and install extensions (have tried 4-5 different ones to make sure) through Magento Connect (using the key and watching the terminal window).  They all install fine in the admin panel and can be re-installed, un-installed, etc.

Now the issue is that no extensions show-up in the configuration menu...ANYWHERE. I have no idea how to fix this issue - it’s like something is being blocked on the update or install of extensions.

I’ve cleared the cache, indexes, sessions, etc and no luck. I’ve also logged out and logged back in - still no luck.

Anybody have any ideas?!

Thanks a lot!
-Joe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeCan

Ok a quick update. I think I know what’s causing the problem. For some reason, Magento is putting new extensions it installs into the public_html/magento folder (that it created) where the rest of my Magento installation is just in the public_html/ folder. How can I fix this?

Why would it be putting them into a separate directory on their own while my admin interface relates to everything else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeCan

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I’ve now tried more extensions and top rated ones. Still no luck :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Heya..

Which extensions are you downloading? I can look into it for ya.. smile

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeCan

Hi Rhonda,

Thanks for the help!  A few of the extensions that I’ve recently tried were:

CMS_Content_Editor v.1.3.7
Beck_LiveChat v.1.6.0
magento_easy_lightbox v.1.0.1
TBT_Enhancedgrid v.1.1.1

They all show-up in the admin back-end after installation (in the Magento Connect Manager) but none of them affect my current install - I cannot access any of their features.

Thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

JoeCan - 02 September 2010 09:56 AM

Hi Rhonda,

Thanks for the help!  A few of the extensions that I’ve recently tried were:

CMS_Content_Editor v.1.3.7
Beck_LiveChat v.1.6.0
magento_easy_lightbox v.1.0.1
TBT_Enhancedgrid v.1.1.1

They all show-up in the admin back-end after installation (in the Magento Connect Manager) but none of them affect my current install - I cannot access any of their features.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the additional info, Joe smile

Let me see what I can find out about it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeCan

Hi Rhonda!

I think you looking into this issue got me off my butt and I really wanted to figure out what was going on. I found this thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/38847/

It sounded very similar to my issue (although I didn’t move any folders?). Anyhow I followed the advice in that thread. I also removed all permissions to a rogue “magento” folder that showed-up WITHIN my main install folder. I then uninstalled all of the extensions that I had showing that had been installed. I then went back to Magento Connect and looked-up a random extension I had installed before and installed it.

I logged out of my admin and then back in and it was working!!

Thanks again for your help! Hope this helps anyone else out there with a similar problem!
-Joe

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community