Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CSV file auto product update with percentage markup? 

andy223

Total Posts:  2

Hi All

I’m currently receiving tab delimited CSV feed files from suppliers with products I want to integrate into the store.

Can Magento support auto CSV updates from FTP/http locations? All my products have the supplier part number which I could use as the primary key.

The supplier file is set out below:-
Supplier P/N, Man P/N, Name, stock, Manufacturer Name, cost
ABIT-A-N78HD, A-N78HD,Abit A-N78HD Motherboard AM2+ GeForce 8200 ATX RAID SATA Gigabit LAN,Abit,33,41.65,

I basically want the system to update stock/cost when a product already exists and create a new product under hidden “uncategorised” ready for description/image/weight upload later.

I have seen this mentioned on the forum however the supplier file only includes my cost - is it possible to use the CSV file and add on a percentage using Magento so when the cost price changes my pricing is always in line?

Also

Apart from that Magento looks great - especially the product filters and if the system can do this I’m moving from my Os-commerce tomorrow!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

scotty595

Total Posts:  1

I have also been wondering this, so if anyone knows the answer it would be a great help.

Thanks,
Scotty

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tomas iTokas

Total Posts:  44

Any update about this thread?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community