Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Prefix Localisation

rrelmy

Total Posts:  3

I got a store with different languages (german, french)

under “Customer Configuration” > “Name and Address Options” I set the “prefix Dropdown Options” to “Frau;Herr;Herr und Frau;Firma”
These setting is on Website level not on Store View, how can I localize it for the french version?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redcode.de

Total Posts:  1

The solution is simple. (After quite alot of searching...)

You can use the inline translation on the <SELECT> Labels.
Edit the file name.phtml -> you can find it under: /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/widget/name.phtml

Locate the part:

<option value="<?php echo $_option?>"<?php if ($this->getObject()->getPrefix()==$_option):?> selected="selected"<?php endif; ?>><?php echo $this->__($_option)?></option>

and change it to:

<option value="<?php echo $this->__($_option)?>"<?php if ($this->getObject()->getPrefix()==$_option):?> selected="selected"<?php endif; ?>><?php echo $this->__($_option)?></option>

That in place, you have now the correct translation in the label as well as in the value of the select field.
With that little fix you can use different prefixes for different languages or storeviews.

cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

limex

Total Posts:  10

Nice try.
But it doesn’t give you localized prefixes in transaction emails.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community