Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disable Shipping on some products

Paul W

Total Posts:  33
Dorst UK

Hi, I am trying to disable Shipping on some products! I have some products that I am happy to ship but some large products that are only pick up in-store.

Is it possible to remove the shipping options on the few products that I don’t want to send without attacking code? I have tried adding an attribute of Pick-Up Only and then creating a rule for it but cant seem to get it to work. Please help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

breastfed

Total Posts:  194
Münster - Germany

I am interessted too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thebullet

Total Posts:  23

Did you find any solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

breastfed

Total Posts:  194
Münster - Germany

interessted too! wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

You can do this in a couple of ways. 

The nasty way is to use a virtual product, where the item isnt shipped.  It’s nasty because you just miss out the shipping step, so can be confusing for customers, especially if they have bought items that are able to be delivered. I wouldnt recommend it!

The other way is to use TableRates.csv in the shipping settings and do it based on weight. If you are clever with your use of weights and make a suitable high one for pickup only then you can do this.

I’m not totally sure on this one as haven’t looked into it fully yet (or searched the forum), but I believe there is a problem with the way the tablerates are calculated with respect to weights, so you may run into issues implementing this. 

I’ve written my own version of TableRates which fixes the bug I have seen, and also allows multiple rates across multiple countries/postcodes using a csv file for management (rather than these code hacks!). It allows a high setting of weight to show a pickup only option.

PM me if you need more info, I’ve got a demo I can show you.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

London, UK

Hi,

If you want a pre-release of the extension that has this capability then please PM me.  More details on the extension can be found in this thread:

Karenhttp://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18815/

Rgds

Magento Community
Magento Community

SteveMacey

Total Posts:  21
Tranmere, Merseyside, UK

This is possible without an extension. Just follow the thread here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27737/ to create a new product type (eg. Pick Up Only). Then use the guide on my blog http://www.macetech.co.uk/blog to disable the shipping options for that particular product type. Simples!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SteveMacey

Total Posts:  21
Tranmere, Merseyside, UK

This is possible without an extension. Just follow the link below to create a new product type (eg. Pick Up Only). Then use the guide on my blog to disable the shipping options for that particular product type. Simples!

Create New Product Group

MaceTech Blog

EDIT: Sorry, there is another step to the guide I posted but I am unable to recreate it. Will post an update when I find it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paaaaa

Total Posts:  50

Your damn blog is down.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

London, UK

My sites still running(!) - the extension to do this is at http://www.webshopapps.com/featured/productmatrix-shipping-extension.html

Whilst it’s always possible to do some of these things manually or write yourself it really depends on how clean you want the management/maintanence to be, and about the time (and effectively money) you are spending on developing it. We have spent many man months of effort perfecting ProductMatrix, and I’m sure you will find it’s an intelligent flexible extension.

Feel free to come have a chat with me on the webshopapps.com site about your shipping requirements.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

kreg1012

Total Posts:  3

hey guys im interested in doing something kinda like this. I want every product on my site to be for in store pickup ONLY. I dont want to accept payment for it online either. Basically i want the customers to be able to fill out and submit cart. Then a invoice is created and sent to an email address so someone can prepare the order. I only want to take payments in store. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

akash986

Total Posts:  5

Our client’s site has some items that have delivery expenses included in the price (or don’t require delivery charges), whilst other items are regular and need to have delivery included. We are having difficulty removing the no cost delivery items from the delivery methods.

The regular delivery is based on order totals (ship value.) This technique needs to stay in principle/ process.

We have tried including a Standard Shipping Module and making weights heavy for the no cost delivery items. This proved helpful until the customer buys a regular item and a no cost delivery item – then all the delivery is no cost.

We then tried making the no cost delivery items have no weight, and other items heavier. This almost proved helpful, but the no cost delivery items were still having an effect on the ship value technique. The no cost delivery items get included to the regular items and make the delivery more expensive if over a certain order total.

We then tried using the ship product technique which allows Shipping based on Product SKUs. We tried including the no cost delivery items to this, but in the cart, it defaults to the ship value technique but still reveals the no cost choice. This isn’t too much of a problem, unless both types of item are included – and the no cost choice still reveals.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tarotgratis

Total Posts:  4

Supreme Incense ensures a highly reasonable price for all the products offered in our potpourri herbal incense. Buy wholesale Scooby Snax potpourri Incense, Mad Hatter Cloud 9Incense and many more.

Mr Nice Guy Incense

Image Attachments
omg-mr-nice-incense-4g10g.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lsiesoher

Total Posts:  1

That’s really normal problem for most people.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xiaken

Total Posts:  1

You do not need have to cancel or disable this shipping order, maybe a little late.
You can contact the seller or supplier ahead and negotiate, and resend back after you receive it.
Next time need a good carrier to ship from China, China freight cost will be given reasonably and delivered safely with a professional agent.
By visiting here: http://www.mychinafreight.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community