Magento Forum

GBP in Currency Setup

TheJaffe

Total Posts:  11

I feel ridiculously dumb, but where is GBP in the currency setup??

I found a few old posts about it not being in by default; is this still true?

If so, how does one go about fixing this omission?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Total Posts:  336

Hi TheJaffe, Magento installer and default Currency values are expressed in US dollars, if you are installing and you are setting the locale you should be able to see the GBP as ‘British Pound Sterling’. You should see it as well at the Base currency dropmenu in Admin Config>General> Currency Options wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheJaffe

That’s what is crazy, GBP is NOT there.  I installed as United States as the default locale.  And now, nothing will show me GBP as a currency?

Is this normal??

Do I have to re-install?  I have already setup MUCH on the cart, and customized many images and code, and i don’t want to wreck that!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

What Magento version # are you running?  Can you post a screenshot on how your admin dmin Config>General> Currency Options looks like starting on letter B?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheJaffe

Wow...things have degraded.  I changed the locale from United States earlier today, then messed with the currency, setting Euro defaul or similar, then left for awhile.  I come back and now in general United States NOR United Kingdom are not choices for default country.  and the currence setup is completely mental.  Corrupted or??

I exported the sql, and i don’t see the currency stuff listed.  Is this stored in files?

Thanks for the help; I appreciate it, this is driving me crazy. 

Attached are screenshots.  Latest release of Magento 1.1.6

Image Attachments
1.jpg2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Did you install the UK lang pack? any add on? by any chance modified a core file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheJaffe

Only addon was oscommerce migration, and the modern theme.  No language packs.

I modified all the confirmation emails in app/locale/en_us/emails or whatever it was.

Haven’t messed with anything else.

Weird huh?

I have noticed though, if I cange the default country, and save...then LOGOUT completely, then come back, it does change some things for currency and locale.  This is really bizarre, so I will fool around with those things and see what happens.

If I just chage the default country, and save...it just makes things into gobbledy gook (that’s a technical term).

Also it seems currency choices on the front page have disappeared from the thing now to, even choosing multiple currencies in admin as allowed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheJaffe

This seems to have resolved itself.  By switching the locale back and forth, things seem to have decided to work. 

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community