Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

button Place Order

cookieOchocolat

Total Posts:  1

Hello !
I would know if it was possible to have a Place Order button working as the Proceed to checkout one you can see here, because I need that my button could be translate in french and english.
Thank you !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

Did you ever get an answer on this? 
I had to do something similar to support Italian and German translations and it seems to be working well.

In the file review.phtml in the directory app/code/frontend/mytheme/default/template/checkout/onepage/ (shew!) I replaced this line of code:

<input type="image" src="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('images/btn_place_order.gif') ?>" onclick="review.save();" value="<?php echo $this->__('Place Order') ?>" />
with this line:
<class="img-btn btn-checkout" href="#" onclick="review.save();"><span><?php echo $this->__('Place Order') ;?></span></a>

So far so good.  It’s behaving--translatable and correctly submitting orders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

This was helpfull and worked for me (V1.2.1.2)
Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nijhof Internet Media

Total Posts:  32
Netherlands

I forgot to leave the original span in place, but then it does not work.
So the complete block of code for the place order button is:

<span id="review-buttons-container" class="a-center">
    <
class="img-btn btn-checkout" href="#" onclick="review.save();"><span><?php echo $this->__('Place Order') ;?></span></a>
</
span>

BTW: path of the file is app/design/… not app/code/....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community