Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

part payments, i.e. a deposit? 

wiggst3r18

Total Posts:  5

Hi all

I have my Magento shop in development at the moment, but I’m looking to put it live soon.
One thing I have come across though, is that I cannot manually create an order and pay only part of it.

My online store, will also be used for physical customers, i.e. those who come into my shop. So I need to be able to create an order for these people, using the admin of Magento.

Because my products are more than £200, some customers may wish to pay only a certain amount of the price for the product, i.e. part payment/deposit.

Is this possible in Magento admin?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AndyRobins

Total Posts:  23

It may not be possible when you posted this question but it is possible now.
I have used this Partial Payment Magento module and it worked for me, hope it helps you too, I have found it from this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v/viewthread/62278/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community