Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Attribute Error

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

I receive an error when I create a new attribute.  When I type in the attribute name (which is mandatory obviously) I get an error saying my name is invalid (please use a-z or 0-9 or underscore but it should start with a letter) The problem is that I am abiding by these rules.  For example I wanted an attribute labeled Model_number.  Should work right?  This is a clean install with the latest version.  I don’t recall this issue from previus version.

Please advise.

Ross

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

Ok, it’s kinda dumb.  I figured it out and what i was doing was placing capitals in the attribute name.  Which, apparently is a huge NO-NO!!!!  So don’t do it.  For future features perhaps this should be defaulted, if you can’t have the option then make it format to a certain spec rather than not saying anything.

TOPIC CLOSED

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community