Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sell Images (easierly)

badgespa

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I’m a photographer, and I photograph events as well as personal projects. Currently I’m selling my pictures using a Gallery2 / Zen Cart integration. This works OK, but I personally prefer Magento for using as an ecommerce cart.

This is what I do at the moment, and I would like to know if Magento can do the same (or better) and how I would go about it. Remember, at events there could be between 500 and 3K images:

Images are uploaded (low res) to gallery2 album. These are then automatically set up in zencart, so when someone clicks on ‘purchase options’ for any images, they get a list of whats available for that image, print size, canvas size etc, and can then order zencart. This is pretty seamless, but just lacks any ‘punch’.

What I would like to do in Magento, is upload all the images at once, for it to automatically create a product for each individual image, and have assigned attributes for ordering prints, canvas, digi etc, I have seen that I can do this, by manually creating a product for each image (would take to long), so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

photodreamz

Total Posts:  1
Vancouver, Canada

I know that you can upload multiple images. As for creating products for each you would probably need csv import.

Magento Community
Magento Community

badgespa

Total Posts:  4

photodreamz - 25 August 2010 08:49 AM

I know that you can upload multiple images. As for creating products for each you would probably need csv import.

Thanks for your reply.

I know how to upload multiple images for a product, but I need a way for magento to set each picture as a product, using the picture name as product number, and then have each set to a standard set of options (size print finish etc) and allow different pricing on each of these.

I’m already using a gallery / Zen Cart combination which works fine, but just lacks the punch that I know Magento can offer.

Manually creating products for each product would not be worth the time that this requires. Especially when uploading 500 images as a minimum. The time taken to create 500 products isn’t worth using magento, unless there is a way to get magento like zencart does.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community