Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal Website Payments Standard gives HTTPS error at checkout. (resolved)

merddyn2002

Total Posts:  2

This is my first magento install, but i’m a web designer by trade. I tried searching for the solution here in the forums but the search function seems to be broken. Google search also only turned up results for Paypal Pro. I’m using Standard atm. I also hit up the Magento Users guide but didn’t turn up any relevant info. If there’s a thread out there talking about Paypal Website Payments Standard please feel free to point me in that direction.

I’m running Magento 1.4.1.0 on a siteground.com host and I’m trying to integrate paypal Website Payments Standard into Magento.

I’m not currently running in sandbox mode, because I thought that might be part of the problem.

After setting up the configuration and inputting the api settings I’m getting the following error message when trying to check out

PayPal gateway has rejected request. Callback URL is wrong type; you must use the HTTPS (#11813: Callback URL is wrong type).

I was under the impression that Paypal Websites Payments Standard did NOT require an SSL certificate. This is what siteground support told me. Is this true or am I mis-configured somewhere?

See attached screen shots.

Image Attachments
magentoss1.gifmagentoss2.gifmagentoss3.gifmagentoss4.gifmagentoss5.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wmcmusic

Total Posts:  56

I am having the same issues.  I’ll let you know if i find an answer, have you had any joy yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

merddyn2002

Total Posts:  2

I actually figured this out on Saturday after a bit more tinkering.

1) turn off express checkout through paypal. Express checkout DOES require HTTPS (SSL). It’s still a free option but it requires SSL.

Of course if you turn that off the option to pay with paypal appears to go away. That was very confusing initially. Here’s how you fix that.

Make sure the “one page checkout” option is enabled. A new order goes through that logic, selects shipping options, etc. and then when it collects all that data at the very end it presents the option to pay with paypal.

We did a test purchase for a $1 widget item and it went through without a hitch.

I wish the page with the paypal settings was a bit more expressive as to what had to be enabled, but that’s what got it working for me.

I also figured out last night how to batch upload products from a speadsheet. That’s working very well.

Here’s a good link on that.

http://chasesagum.com/how-to-import-products-into-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Only Wig

Total Posts:  4

Very glad to know that you have fixed the problem.

I meet same problem and have to buy SSL and install that but when I test by sandbox again, it also show “PayPal gateway has rejected request. Callback URL is wrong type; you must use the HTTPS (#11813: Callback URL is wrong type). “

I am very puzzled, because I am Chinese and can’t understand everything by English.

Is there anybody know how to solve the problem? Our website is Hera full lace wigs.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Only Wig

Total Posts:  4

Now I know what\’s the problem and fix it. After I buy SSL and install that, it should be https://www.herawigs.com not http://www.herawigs.com.

Hope peoples who have same problem could understand that!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lrdezines

Total Posts:  10

but what do you do if you have PayPal Pro and want to use Express Checkout?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jerry Guo

Total Posts:  85
china

check this one,

it is correct.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/196738/

Magento Community
Magento Community