Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting all attributes of the product through SOAP API

Vladimir Pogorelenko

Total Posts:  7

My goal is to get and display all additional attributes for the Magento product using SOAP API. For example Gender, Shirt Size and Color for T-Shirt product. But the program shouldn’t know the attribute names.

In the SOAP Call: catalogProductInfo there is additional attributes parameter and it looks like I have to explicitly specify additional attribute names.

I am using Java and Apache Axis to connect to Mangeto SOAP API and the code is following:

stub.catalogProductInfo(sessionId, “118”, null, null);

call declaration:
public com.magentocommerce.api.CatalogProductReturnEntity catalogProductInfo(java.lang.String sessionId, java.lang.String productId, java.lang.String storeView, com.magentocommerce.api.CatalogProductRequestAttributes attributes) throws java.rmi.RemoteException {

attributes parameter constructor declaration:
public CatalogProductRequestAttributes(
java.lang.String[] attributes,
java.lang.String[] additional_attributes) {

But I have to specify last parameter somehow to get all additional attributes.
Is it possible to do through SOAP API?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chadpry

Total Posts:  7

for getting i used catalog_product.info and it worked.

now i’m trying to figure out how to SET the product attributes with the SOAP API

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community