Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Base - Read Timeout Errors

Nick Taylor

Total Posts:  3

I’ve been using the built in Google Base upload facility without a problem on 1.4.0.1 for a while, but the past few weeks I’ve been getting loads of timeout problems and am now down to adding and deleting products individually to have any success, even though I’ve only got 500 products in my shop this is getting somewhat tedious!

I’ve OPTIMISED all the tables but that’s made no difference, has anyone got any clues or suggestions as to why this problem may have recently started and potential solutions?

I’m assuming its not Google themselves (perhaps wrongly).

The error I get is ‘Read timed out after 10 seconds’, am assuming that the 10 is a variable somewhere, can someone tell me where its defined so I can try increasing it?

All help appreciated,

Nick
www.simplygiftideas.co.uk

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bennym

Total Posts:  1
UK

Hi, I am also getting exactly the same issue.

Google base was working fine before and on 1.4.0.1 and after the 30 days Google gives the products they were all removed so went back in to add the products back to Google base and i am getting the dreaded Read timed out after 10 seconds.

Now i am able to add one product at a time occasionally but am having to intermittently log out and back in to even achieve that.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Magento Community
Magento Community

gary1976

Total Posts:  26
Dorset

Similar Thread here

Magento Community
Magento Community

medden

Total Posts:  10

I had google base working perfectly a few months ago, but am now getting the same problem.

Anyone found a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

benv

Total Posts:  8

Having the same problem, tried increasing the timeout in lib/Zend/Http/Client.php but no luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ralphstirrat

Total Posts:  49

I also increased the timeout setting to 30 but it still shows timeout in 10?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community