Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

set defaults for visibility, status, is in stock, and others when importing via dataflow

Claudio Vargas

Total Posts:  22

Whenever I import a certain amount of products using a csv file via dataflow after mapping a selection of attributes, I have to re-export (with the products I just added) just to change a couple columns which are set to defaults such as:

visibility -> none;
status -> disabled;
is_in_stock -> 0;

and a few others which I would like to set to defaults, such as catalog, search for visibility or enabled for status, so that then I can re-import and then finally everything looks as expected, but the process itself is not very efficient.

How can I set those and other product attributes to any default value?

In core/mage/catalog/model/product.php and core/mage/catalog/model/product/visibility.php might be the answer but I’m not sure exactly where to make a few changes. Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community