Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

craigcriv

Total Posts:  85

Being a novice to php and sql
I,ve downloaded your script and added my info.
Where exactly do I install this? In the Magento root directory?
How do I run it?

I am using a shared server on 1and1.

Thanks Craig

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

neilg

Total Posts:  6

yeah I am with you on that one...i downloaded all the files, read your instructions on the first post but have to say they are a bit vague.....

Could the instructions be a little more specific for those of us newer to magento?

Cheers,
Neil

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

updated version 0.3.2
- integrates Mr Lei fix for UTF8 handling.

File Attachments
magento_mass_importer.zip  (File Size: 11KB - Downloads: 203)

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

For magento newcomers, i updated the headpost with requirements needed to run the script.

i’ll try to create a “online” version soon, but that’s not my current priority.

btw, if you’re php novices, you’ll leard the hard way that magento customization is not a novice affair.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

craigcriv

I look forward to your online version. Thanks.

For now is it possible to help with the problem I have now. I’ve spent a lot of time working with this to no avail and I really need this feature for inventory updates.

I am learning a lot about web development as I go. From knowing nothing to now having 2 fully operational magento sites.
It takes me much longer without previous knowledge but I get it done with the help of this forum and trial and error.
Thanks for your time.

I appreciate any help you can provide

Craig

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

new version 0.4 out !!!!
file is available in head post.

- Includes brand new web interface !!!! , see instructions in head post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Call for feedback!!!!

to 0.4 early downloaders:

- did it install well ? (are new instructions clear enough ?)
- did it work as expected ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

craigcriv

Wow what a great tool.

But a couple I’ve noticed in testing thus far when using the browser version onmagento 1.3.2.3 :

1. When I have a 0 qty the product gets deleted. Not good when using for inventory control.

2. Did not change status from Enabled to Disabled when Disabled is value.

3. I left the price field blank on one of the products and the whole line was skipped, meaning the other values did not change.

The 0 qty bug needs to be corrected before it can be used live.

Keep up the good work.

I’ll let you know if I find anything else

Craig

Magento Community
Magento Community

craigcriv

Just a note:
After I imported this:  (but everything seemed to import correctly) this is just updated qty

websites attribute_set type sku qty status is_in_stock
base Default simple ACCURITE00334 18 Enabled 1
base Default simple ACCURITE00465 25 Enabled 1
base Default simple ACCURITE00614 15 Enabled 1
base Default simple ACCURITE00786 8 Enabled 1

This Warning is in Browser Window:

Warning: Division by zero in /homepages/41/d293336770/htdocs/magento/mmi/mmiweb/progress.php on line 59
....done in 0.06 secs
Back to configuration
Back to Import

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

thanks for the report,

in fact, this tool is not meant to be used with 1.3 , since i don’t know the database strucure it uses .
the tool was initially designed to work with 1.4.1.x or 1.4.0.x
i’m glad it has only few bugs on your 1.3.23 , it could have been far worse.
concerning qty, i change only the “is_in_stock” attribute if the qty is 0, i’ll take a look (perhaps your config sets “do not display out of stock products") and i felt natural
to set a 0 qty item as out of stock (maybe your store logic is different)
for disabled status, in fact, i automatically set it to activated since it was designed to import products that should be in a catalog.

Magento Community
Magento Community

craigcriv

I think the my store config for stock out of stock is correct.
All other inventory uploads I’ve done in the past changed the product to out of stock when the upload had 0 qty, and then back to in stock when the qty is positive in upload.

Is it possible that the backend won’t display the product if qty is (blank) 0 ?

It may be possible that 0 qty in your code won’t display as 0 in qty field in admin but with just blank space, then default admin won’t show it.

I did notice that when I used my Enhanced Product Grid the product that was imported with 0 qty, using mass importer, the field was blank with no 0, but my other products with 0 qty did show a 0 when imported thru dataflow.

Hopefully a simple fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

could you try forcing 0 for qty the csv file , since i think there is a bug for empty decimal values.
i’ll update the script,however i would prefer keep blank values unmodified (ignored) since it’s a common behavior for other blank values.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mennos

Total Posts:  47

hi dweeves

great development, the web interface!

ran into a few problems:

1) first tried to install outside root (in test directory)
couldn’t get it to works (likely because it couldn’t find prototype/prototype.js mentioned in mmi.php)

installed it in the root to avoid other errors

- config was no problem, however for novice users like me: check your directory permissions - script should have write access so it can create the ini file

2) when i select the file i want to import, script gives me:

Warning: file_get_contents(./tmp_out.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/(etc)mmi/mmiweb/progress.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/(etc)/mmi/mmiweb/progress.php:5) in /home/(etc)/mmi/mmiweb/progress.php on line 86

I think it needs to exist (or my permissions might be wrong) - after creating it (placed empty txt file in dir with write permissions), it started working

3) also had problems with quantity 0
when qty=0 in csv it sets item to manage stock = no, instead of just setting the quantity to 0
if qty is over 0, it works fine

short sidenote here: we use a lot of different stock options depending on own stock, supplier stock, supplier status, manufacturer status etc etc - herefore all our stock and backorder statusses are managed on product level - would be really cool if there’s a way to get the magento export values for these settings to be imported by mmi too.

(export values: min_qty, use_config_min_qty, is_qty_decimal, backorders, use_config_backorders, min_sale_qty, use_config_min_sale_qty, max_sale_qty, use_config_max_sale_qty, is_in_stock)

4) Multi website:

getting the following sql error when using the same product on 2 lines (1 for admin entry, 1 for different price on 2nd website):

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `value`=VALUES(`value`)’ at line 3

different values for same product on other website seem ok so far - will continue testing

- another multi website issue:

when an item is in website ‘base’ and you add another website, it goes ok
if an item is currently on 2 different websites and you remove one of them, it is not updated correctly - stays on both websites

Hope this helps - always ready to test some more!

Cheers,
Menno

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mr Lei

Total Posts:  13

dweeves:
I was problem whit function fgetcsv().
Beter is using no system function, them data what i import can by much more “ditry” grin
I recommend this parser http://code.google.com/p/parsecsv-for-php/ and many problem whit word, end line in csv gone…

==========
Mr Lei

Magento Community
Magento Community

craigcriv

Yes confirmed for 0 qty. When I put 0 in qty value in csv the product does not show at all in admin as if it were deleted.

Hope you can fix this

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community