Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 179 of 179
the quest for an efficient product import script

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

I didn’t miss the important term.

Value replacer is the plugin you need, it replace values for given attributes based on calculated values in csv (see plugin documentation). and will ALSO automatically create columns if not existing in csv.

So the fomula i gave you will exactly do what you want to achieve, without the need to replace column (since it will be automatically created since identified as not exisiting).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

uabassguy

Total Posts:  2

Hey there, having an issue with On the fly category creator/importer v0.2.3 - Cannot find site root with names : Niron Tools
Using this CSV everything looks correct, did I miss something?

"store","attribute_set","type","sku","name","status","tax_class_id","visibility","price","description","manufacturer","qty","is_in_stick","short_description","image","thumbnail","small_image","categories","weight"
"admin,nirontools_en"
,"Default","simple","2144725","Bagger Reel Mower Grass Collector Bag","Enabled","None","Catalog  , Search",44.99,"<html><head></head><body><p><strong>Soft Sided Fabric Bag</strong></p>
<p><strong>Frame Attaches Easily To Rear Of Mower</strong></p>
<p><strong>Fits All Husqvarna Reel Style Mowers</strong></p>
            </body></html>"
,"Husqvarna","1","1","Reel Mower Grass Collector Bag","/husqvarna-964-90-10-30-15.jpg","/thumbnail_husqvarna-964-90-10-30-15.jpg","/small_husqvarna-964-90-10-30-15.jpg","Outdoor/Power Equipment/Lawn Mowers/Accessories;;[Niron Tools]/Outdoor/Power Equipment/Lawn Mowers/Accessories",

We are putting this in the main store and the specific store, we have also tried putting them only in their specific store, and still getting the error for [Niron Tools] root category, the root category is set to the store view nirontools_en, and everything else in magento works fine, not sure what is going on as we did everything by the book it seems. Also nothing that I can see in any logs that would indicate any missing data in php, i checked every log i could find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oebel

Hi people,

looking for a little bit of assistance for using magmi to create the column news_from_date.

I try to use the Value Replacer tool to create the column news_from_date. The value that I use is {{date(Y-m-d)}}.

However when running the import script, the wrong format of date is created (as I can because in the backend shows the new from date as 30-11-00-1.

What is incorrect in my syntax?

Already tried {{date(Y/m/d)}} but also doesn\’t seem to work.

Thank you for you help.

Regards,

Oebel

Magento Community
Magento Community

akoval

Total Posts:  50

Hello!

Can somebody tell about using MAGMI for import products to Magento CE 1.8 ?

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oebel

Oebel - 16 October 2013 10:31 PM

Hi people,

looking for a little bit of assistance for using magmi to create the column news_from_date.

I try to use the Value Replacer tool to create the column news_from_date. The value that I use is {{date(Y-m-d)}}.

However when running the import script, the wrong format of date is created (as I can because in the backend shows the new from date as 30-11-00-1.

What is incorrect in my syntax?

Already tried {{date(Y/m/d)}} but also doesn\’t seem to work.

Thank you for you help.

Regards,

Oebel

The correct answer was {{date(’Y-m-d H:i:s’)}}

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

Total Posts:  297

akoval - 17 October 2013 12:49 AM

Hello!

Can somebody tell about using MAGMI for import products to Magento CE 1.8 ?

Thank you!

It looks like that Magento 1.8 changed a lot of things, so I quote this question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

ns1tbx - 22 October 2013 07:00 PM

Hello,

I have some problems after i imported my products with magmi.
It looks like the entire import goes fine, i use on the fly categorie creator which works great aswell.
All of my products get imported and put in the correct categorie.

However, the problem is that after i am done importanting i can no longer go to the “manage categories” page in magento backend
When i try to go there i get greeted by a page without any layout and just the basic search options are there.
This only happends after i have done a import with magmi, and i am clueless why , anyone else experienced this before? &l; hinh sex

how many categories do you have ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 179 of 179