Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@pishka : i’ll add some code to next version in order to trim the spaces and avoid this kind of errors.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pderonde

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I have some problems after i imported my products with magmi.
It looks like the entire import goes fine, i use on the fly categorie creator which works great aswell.
All of my products get imported and put in the correct categorie.

However, the problem is that after i am done importanting i can no longer go to the “manage categories” page in magento backend
When i try to go there i get greeted by a page without any layout and just the basic search options are there.
This only happends after i have done a import with magmi, and i am clueless why , anyone else experienced this before?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@pderonde : how many categories have you created through category creator/importer ?

you might need to upgrade the PHP memory_limit setting in order for magento to display the manage categories page if you created a lot.
By default magento is a big memory consumer, but with many data, it gets even worse.

Moreover, have you reindexed the category flat ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pderonde

dweeves - 30 May 2013 06:54 AM

@pderonde : how many categories have you created through category creator/importer ?

you might need to upgrade the PHP memory_limit setting in order for magento to display the manage categories page if you created a lot.
By default magento is a big memory consumer, but with many data, it gets even worse.

Moreover, have you reindexed the category flat ?

Hello Dweeves,

I have tried increasing the php memory limit, and reindexed everything
Also i have tried importing only 1 product with 1 categorie , results are still the same.
This is what i see in my backend when i try to manage categories after i did a import.
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8871/magentoimport.jpg

Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

pderonde

[edit]
sry double post
[/edit]

Magento Community
Magento Community

triplexita

Total Posts:  45

Hi,
who use magento magmi and m2e pro??

i have some problems listing products imported by magmi!!!
how are you resolved this problem??

Magento Community
Magento Community

BrotherMouzone

Total Posts:  18

Does ValueRemapper support UTF8? I made some value remapper files which I converted to UTF8 encoding since most Magento stuff actually required UTF8. I could not get these remappings to work “01” stayed as “01” instead of fetching its new value from my CSV file (01;Vapaa).
However as soon as I make a new file which I DON’T convert to UTF8, everything works fine. There is no warning of using UTF8 in the wiki so I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or is using UTF8 not possible.

I originally went for UTF8, because some of my values have scandic letters ä, ö in them. Without UTF8 I can make the conversion with remapper, but the value gets cut off as soon as the first scandic letter appears.

Thanks for any help :)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bary

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

is it possible to somehow import only media gallery? I am trying it but allways the base, small and thumbnail images dissapear from admin (in frontend I see it form cache directory). So in admin there is only new media galery images. I tried csv with columns sku media_gallery only and with sku, store (admin,default), media_gallery. Result is the same. With sku, image, small_image, thumbnail (all 3 empty), media_gallery columns images dissapear not only in admin but in frontend too. So I am not able to add some pictures into media gallery :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

sTromSK

Total Posts:  10

Hello,

im struggling with importing configurable products with Magmi. I cant use sets of simple products followed by configurable product, I can only put all simples first and then all configurables.

I use simples_skus column for configurable products where I put SKUs of simple products and I use configurable_attributes column.

When I do it this way it doesnt work. When I manually put sets of simples followed by configurable it works. Maybe I am missing something but I think I did it as it is described in Configurable item processor plugin documentation.

I attach two files:
import.csv - this works for me (sets of simples and configurables)
import_not_working.csv - this doesnt work (simples with configurable at the end of file)

Can you please check what am I doing wrong ?

Thank you very much!

File Attachments
import.txt  (File Size: 23KB - Downloads: 65)
import_not_working.txt  (File Size: 23KB - Downloads: 29)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

dweeves - 30 January 2013 04:41 PM

At last, i had some time to make the 0.7.18 release.

- Category Importer/Creator can now have explicit root assignment on multistore

We have issues with this for a long long time, as do others so i read this morning.
Today I tried again, with the latest files, this still does not work on our end, are we doing it wrong?

[Root.nl]/Klassiek;;[Root2.nl]/Exclusief;;[Test.nl]/Test

This spits out errors like before:

On the fly category creator/importer v0.1.7 - Cannot find site root with name : Root.nl]/Klassiek;;[Root2.nl]/Exclusief;;[test.nl

I do know it works perfect when you specify the “store” value with store_id instead of admin.

Any advise?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@Paulus

There seem to be a little bug in my regexp matching for explicit roots in case of multiple roots.
will fix it very soon on new git repository.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

dweeves - 09 July 2013 05:18 AM

@Paulus

There seem to be a little bug in my regexp matching for explicit roots in case of multiple roots.
will fix it very soon on new git repository.

Thanks dweeves

Magento Community
Magento Community

spilla

Total Posts:  8

Dweeves, I posted this on the Source Forge project forums, but I\’m guessing you don\’t check there very often. smile

We have Magmi (v0.7.17) importing into Magento 1.6.2 via a MySQL database, but when it comes across a negative integer, Magmi multiplies it around 90 times.

For example, a value of -15 in our MySQL DB is imported as -1353

The multiplication rate isn\’t consistent, but it never imports the correct value.

Any ideas on a fix or why this would be happening?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@spilla
1 - use latest 0.7.18 (don’t forget latest plugins versions too) or even better, the git version (which is a to be release 0.7.19 with enhancements)
2 - unless explicitely told to (through value replacer) ,magmi does not perform any computations on input values.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

loganwebd

whaazza - 11 April 2011 11:32 PM

zuiko - 11 April 2011 11:06 PM
dweeves - 11 April 2011 09:22 PM

So, i think that somewhere, the huge bug is between the chair & the keyboard.

Excellent cool smile

I think that this sentence has to be written in bold and large on each screen desktop !

Two thumbs up to that!
@dweeves: You’re doing an awesome job with magmi, forget the troll ...

I noticed something someone might help me understand. I am testing the tierprice plugin v 0.0.2, on a magmi 7.4 version and noticed the following:
Table catalog_product_entity_tier_price gets updated properly except for the website_id which is set to 1 when it should be set to 0.
When I enter a tier price in the backend, 0 is the value entered by magento so it is the right value. However, the “catalog_product_index_tier_price” table does have the value 1 for the website_id (both when I enter a product manually in the backend and when I import w/ magmi and do a reindex.

I have modified the plugin file line 61 and changed :

$data[]=$wsid;

to :

$data[]=0;
Then everything goes well, tier prices are updated fine and they appear

I understand this is a temporary solution as website_ids may change from one install to another, so I would be interested if someone would have an explanation to this.

So it took a few hours but we figured this out. we went into
magmi/plugins/extra/itemprocessors/tierprice/tierpriceprocessor.php
and made a simple change

Before
$wsids=$this->getItemWebsites($item);
//$wsids=array(0);

Change to
//$wsids=$this->getItemWebsites($item);
$wsids=array(0);

Incredible. pulling my hair out relieved.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community