Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

mm99

Total Posts:  7

Hello
does magmi has a option to increase price,something like adding 30% on price in import?
If someone can help me on this please
Thank you in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

triplexita

Total Posts:  45

hi,
magmi import work very well for me,
but i havea very very big problem .....

i have jussue importing my long html description field......

in the import magmi truncate some html description record ................. how can i do????

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@m99

Use “Value Replacer” plugin (in extra plugin package) , it can perform computation on any input value .
Your “price” problem is even a base sample in the documentation : sample here , in Advanced syntax examples paragraph.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@triplexita

How long is your “truncated” description, where is it truncated exactly ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

triplexita

Total Posts:  45

hi,
sometimes truncate after 4 or 5 caracheters only

i think that the problem is in enclosing character for the csv and CSV ENCLOSURE magmi setting ...........
becouse in my html description i have <font=” and the “ truncate the text ...............
how can i do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mm99

Total Posts:  7

Worked very good.
Thank you dweeves for your reply and this excellent module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jackw

Total Posts:  2

Hello everyone,

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated. We start started importing using Magmi today, it is lifesaver when compared to the Magento importer. Using Magmi we have been able to import all relevant data required except one very important thing… categories.

Not sure why, but Magmi is not importing and allocating products to their categories as specified in our CVS. We have triple checked the documentation requirements and for the love of me I cannot work out what we are doing incorrectly…

We have installed the correct and up-to-date plugins; our config settings are: http://screencast.com/t/CAgZNNnbXTr

We have used all mandatory columns for adding a product including:

- “store”,"attribute_set”,"type”,"sku"

We have even experimented by adding columns:
- “websites”,"_root_category"

We have also tried removing columns such as:

- “store” as our default store is admin

The categories we are trying to apply for these products are only two levels deep and there is only one category value provided per product under the category heading.The category heading we are using is “_category”. Here is an example of how it’s looking - http://screencast.com/t/ix87qVgByES . Again all other data is being imported fine, it’s just that the products are not being associated with a category.

Moving forward, I would like to add more category values however if I cannot even add one I don’t think I will get far :( Like I said any assistance will be appreciated. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

For importing categories you need to download extra plugin package and use “Category Importer/Creator plugin”
Moreover Magmi uses “Dataflow” headers , not import/export ones. So NO UNDERSCORED HEADER NAMES ,

FYI : category importer needs categories header, and it has a documentation link on the wiki once loaded.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jackw

Dweeves, cheers for the reply! I changed the category header as you stated and it worked perfectly everything has imported and appears as it should in admin. With that said however the products are not appearing on frontend unless I select a product and then click save (I don\’t have to change any settings). After doing this, the product appears on the frontend.

I found someone else had a similar issue and I have followed your instructions here: http://sourceforge.net/p/magmi/discussion/1228365/thread/48a22f7e . I have reindexed everything three times now and still nothing changes. Not sure what is wrong… could be something simple again but I appear to have the correct settings in place: the values are \"Enabled\", \"qty\" < 0, \"in_stock\" < 0

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@Jackw : just check your products are enabled , are bound to a category & also to a website.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rentonekb

Total Posts:  32

respected dveeves please help not good at programming, we want to go with WebAsyst on Magento. Tell me how we need to fix unloading under Magento, now it looks like this.
http://yadi.sk/d/gHAbQLBp4rsCS

Magento Community
Magento Community

quast

Total Posts:  3

Hello Dweeves,

any updates to my issues above? The one about Image attributes processor and followlocation or the category sorting problem?

The category positionings are messed up, because the order of the retrieved “real ids” doesn’t necessarily match the order of the passed categories.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gpcola

Total Posts:  97

Hi Dweeves,

Do you have any suggestions at all re the ‘30/11/00-1’ date problem I’m experiencing?  I’m kinda stuck, not knowing what to try to resolve it, but at the same time can’t go back to the dataflow method without losing a lot of functionality that Magmi provides.  Not being able to set a news_from_date is however a major problem for me :(

BTW Is anyone else in the UK using Magmi WITHOUT this date problem? Please tell me if you are.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pishka

I have the same problem as @kek0

when using column mapper, only the sku column is mapped, the column i use to fill the qty is not mapped.

pls help its urgent smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

pishka

got it to work. Do not add spaces between the comma seperated column names when using column mapper!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community