Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

kek0

Total Posts:  28

Hi! I am trying to use Column mapper v0.0.3 for change two columns:
SKU -> sku
STOCK -> qty
I was set in the magmi configuration in the first line SKU, STOCK and appears two new boxes for add the word for replace each word.

In my case only work the first one, if the first is SKU, and second STOCK, only map sku
If the first is STOCK, and second SKU, appears and error that don’t exist the sku column, for the same reason.

Is a bug, or maybe I was setup something wrong?

Using last magmi version 0.7.18

Thanks! smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vladino

Total Posts:  8

dweeves - 11 April 2013 04:39 AM

vladino - 10 April 2013 05:18 AM
Hello, I use Magmi and its a great tool but I cant help myself with right syntax for the Value Replacer.
Please should you help me with example?
I cant find it and I was searching a lot. (Maybe Im blind)

First problem - simple change
- my column in data source is “CATEGORY”
- value in “CATEGORY” is “Books”
- value for magento column “category_id” is “62”

Second problem - calculation
- my column in data source is “WEIGHTINGRAMS”
- value in “WEIGHTINGRAMS” is “300”
- value for magento column “weight” I want to be “0,3”

[ValueReplacerItemProcessor]
VREP
:columnlist "???"
VREP:???= "???"

Thanks

First i would advise you to use the web UI for configuring the value replacer instead of directly trying to fill the .ini

For your CATEGORY problem, i’d avise to use “category importer/creator plugin” in order to be able to match magento textual values for categories.

if you have only books in your file, then you can force “category_ids” value through value replacer as well:

so for both problem, using UI , in “values to replace” field put:

category_ids,weight (ie : magmi/magento target column names)

Then dynamic fields will appear:

replacing value for category_ids : 62
replacing value for weight : {{ {item.WEIGHTINGRAMS}/1000 }} (with the {{ }} around to use “extended syntax”

Save the profile, then the final values will appear in the .ini

Thanks, but my problem still persist.

1. CATEGORIES - I use csv acording to instruction from magmi wiki. I have just one category for each product. Source column is “CATEGORY”
In my file kategorie.csv are all categories in order: Source Name Of Category;Target Name Of Category
In field “Replaced attributes” i have “categories”
New value for categories=

{{ ValueRemapper::use_csv('http://www.mysite.sk/kategorie.csv')->mapmulti({item.CATEGORY},'/'}}
On the fly category creator/importer v0.2.3 - on
Column mapper v0.0.3 - I dont use it for this column (Should I have to use it?)
With this options - magmi create categories from source column without remaping.

2. Weight - In datasource I have values with coma (0,3).
Without calculating, just column remaping, magmi import value and self change coma to dot (0.3).
But if I use {{ {item.WEIGHTINKILOGRAMS}*1000 }}, imported value is empty.
When I manually change coma to dot in datasource, calculating value is right - 300.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

i doubt the valueremapper helper will work with remote csvs. please use absolute path for remapping csv on the filesystem , it should work better.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oliverm

Total Posts:  22

Hello,

It all seems to work importing over 1,000 products.

But when I edit an imported product the price tab is missing

I have try re-uploading many times but no luck.

If I add a new product it appears.

Any idea of what Im doing wrong?

Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dgitman

Total Posts:  12

Hi dweeves,

We’re having some index issues. The Product Attributes, Product Prices and Stock Status are set and not reverted to Manual Update every time Magmi runs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tuempelkoenig

Total Posts:  20

Hey everyone,
could somebody provide me with a step by step tutorial on how to setup a cronjob to import a certain file? (update stock status)
I am really new to it and not able to make head or tail of the Wiki…
My Hoster provides me with the ability to run a cron script/file on the specific time I choose.

Any help would be appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shanana

Total Posts:  11

hi dweeves,

I’m having trouble populating a product attribute for a custom extension. The attribute is a dropdown select list type, I make a column for magmi to import same as I do for other select lists. In this case they want me to send in a numeric Id. When I do this for normal select list attributes in magento everything works fine. But when I do this for this particular attribute the values are changed and what ends up being stored is not what was sent in. I tested what I was sending thru magmi on a couple of dummy attributes and am content that I pass the right thing over, I can see the right thing in the table that magmi selects from.

The developer says this:

I just looked into Magmi what could cause that. Apparently Magmi interprets an attribute from the Type integer with the declaration of a source model automatically as an EAV-attribute. I would suggest to write a Magmi-Itemprocessor therefor.

So it looks as if the attribute is not an EAV-attribute. Is there an item processor that can be used to populate this?

Thanks in advance for any insights you’re able to share.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gpcola

Total Posts:  97

Hi Dweeves,

Unfortunately I am still having serious problems regarding dates.  Any product that I import via Magmi has a news_to_date of 30/11/00-1.  In fact ANY date that exists in my import script has the same value, regardless of the actual date specified.

As I mentioned in my previous post on this matter, my dates are UK format and my Magento locale Timezone is set to GMT Standard Time (Europe/London). I also have the same timezone set in my PHP.ini file.

My current Magmi version is v0.7.18, which I believe is the latest.  This is a pretty serious problem for me as my product import script relies on Magmi to do the Magento side of things :(

I noticed that I don’t appear to be alone in this problem as I see there is a post on sourceforge too (http://sourceforge.net/p/magmi/discussion/1228364/thread/61b01e03/#03a8) regarding the same issue and here in this post too (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v/viewreply/422355/).  Is there any way to debug what’s going wrong?

Thanks in advance smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

randomharvest

Total Posts:  15

Hi Dweeves,

Can you please explain how this works ..
- Category Importer/Creator can now define item positions

*Its not on the wiki and cannot find any other information on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bary

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

I am using “On the fly indexer v0.1.5” and there is a sufix for an URL endings. There is .html but we do not use it. Our products has url just from a name without any sufix. I guess this plugin is very good for indexing catalog url (normally takes ages). Is it possible to remove .html??? I tried to delete it, but it returns itselfs. Now I am forced to use shell magento builtin catalog url rewrite (30 minutes for cca 30000 products in my configuration of categories and so on) after magmi import because of .html sufix for every new product.

Thanks for an answer

Magento Community
Magento Community

quast

Total Posts:  3

Hello, I’m using Image attributes processor v1.0.24 to import images from a remote source via HTTP.

Some of the requests will result in HTTP 301 - moved permanently responses (Apache’s “speling” module). The code in magmi/inc/fshelper.php urlExists() checks for HTTP 200 only, without using CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, so the image isn’t downloaded.

I also tried using option IMG:predlcheck = “no”, but this configuration doesn’t seem to change anything.

Is there a version of Image attributes processor that supports HTTP 301?

Alternatively, how can I disable the pre-download-check?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SSSammy

Total Posts:  1

Tuempelkoenig - 23 April 2013 09:25 AM

Hey everyone,
could somebody provide me with a step by step tutorial on how to setup a cronjob to import a certain file? (update stock status)
I am really new to it and not able to make head or tail of the Wiki…
My Hoster provides me with the ability to run a cron script/file on the specific time I choose.

Any help would be appreciated!

This is not a step by step, but if Your service provider offers cPanel, then it it easy.

1. Setup Magmi profile and save it
2. go to cpanel and cron
3. set time options
4. and last but not least, set command You wish to run

I have Magmi profile called: stock_updates
Command that Cron runs: php /home/youraccountname/public_html/magmi/cli/magmi.cli.php -mode=update -profile=stock_updates

Sorry for My poor english writing

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

Total Posts:  296

I’m having a problem on importing grouped products

I have enabled in magmi “Grouped Item processor v1.0.1” anche selected Yes on “Perform simples/group link” and No on “Auto match” and “Force simples visibility”.

On my csv I have before the “simple” products and at the “grouped” products,
I have set the column type for simple and grouped,
I’m using the column “grouped_skus” as a comma separated lists of simple skus.
I’m also using “us_skus” on grouped products and that works.

The simple products are correctly imported.

The grouped products are imported but simple products attached to it, no.

Anyone could give me a hint or a example?

Magento Community
Magento Community

quast

Total Posts:  3

Category positioning

I’m trying to import categories with item positionings using On the fly category creator/importer v0.2.3

I have the following example:
[Root_category]/Top_category1/Sub_category1::5;;[Root_category]/Top_category2/Sub_category2::11;;[Root_category]/Top_category3/Sub_category3::10

And the first and the last positionings are switched!
That is, I end up with positioning “10” in Sub_category1 and positioning “5” in Sub_category3

Is there a way around this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

Total Posts:  296

shmk - 07 May 2013 01:09 AM

I’m having a problem on importing grouped products

I have enabled in magmi “Grouped Item processor v1.0.1” anche selected Yes on “Perform simples/group link” and No on “Auto match” and “Force simples visibility”.

The grouped products are imported but simple products attached to it, no.

I confused Grouped Item processor 1.0.1 with 1.1 so I thought I had the latest version…

I have upgraded Magmi and its plugins and now it works smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community