Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

latinostar

Total Posts:  99

S34N - 09 December 2010 02:31 AM

dweeves - 03 December 2010 01:30 AM
@S34N
1)You need the \"websites\" column to be filled with at least the website code you want your product to appear in. (you can have this column in your csv or use the default value setter plugin to give it a value if not in csv).
2)Reindexing is more than recommended for frontend issues

Hello dweeves,

i am sorry to ask again. i don´t understand what you want me to do? i will post the first line of my csv bellow.

"store","websites","attribute_set","type","sku","category_ids","custom_design","config_attributes","related","upsell","crosssell","associated","has_options","name","meta_title","meta_description","url_key","url_path","page_layout","options_container","image_label","small_image_label","thumbnail_label","gift_message_available","price","special_price","cost","weight","description","short_description","meta_keyword","custom_layout_update","special_from_date","special_to_date","news_from_date","news_to_date","custom_design_from","custom_design_to","status","tax_class_id","visibility","enable_googlecheckout","qty","min_qty","use_config_min_qty","is_qty_decimal","backorders","use_config_backorders","min_sale_qty","use_config_min_sale_qty","max_sale_qty","use_config_max_sale_qty","is_in_stock","low_stock_date","notify_stock_qty","use_config_notify_stock_qty","manage_stock","use_config_manage_stock","stock_status_changed_automatically","product_name","store_id","product_type_id","product_status_changed","product_changed_websites","image","small_image","thumbnail","Color:drop_down:1:1"
"admin"
,"base","Standard","simple","AT433104",19,,,,,,,1,"Versandbehälter 400 x 300 x 306 mm",,,"versandbehalter-400-x-300-x-306-mm","versandbehalter-400-x-300-x-306-mm.html","Keine Layoutupdates","Block nach der Info-Spalte",,,,"Konfiguration benutzen","14.8000",,,1,"<p>Versandbehälter</p><p>Farbe: Blau<br />Material: PP</p>","<p>Farbe: Blau<br />Material: PP</p>",,,,,,,,,"Aktiviert","Umsatzsteuerpflichtige Güter 19%",4,"Ja",1,"0.0000",1,0,0,1,"31.1200",1,"0.0000",1,0,17.06.10 09:32,"0.0000",1,0,1,1,"Versandbehälter 400 x 300 x 306 mm",0,"simple",,,"/AT433104.png","/AT433104.png","/AT433104.png","Blau|Schwarz"

i will attach the whole import file below.

when i use your importer i select the default values setter, generic mapper, image attributes processor, custom options and the magmi magento reindexer.

MY PROBLEMS are at the moment:
- custom options are visible at the backend and i have to re-save each of these products so that they are visible at the frontend
- pictures aren´t imported
- related products aren´t imported

Thanks for your help!
S34N

Had same Problem and have now find the solution:

I had the same issue and found out that the attribute options_container
(Display Product Options In) wasn’t set properly.
They all had NULL values in the database.
Fixed it to give them all the value container2 (block after info column)
Or use container1 for Product info column
Good luck

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lake_tuna

Total Posts:  54

@dweeves,

The reason for we’re thinking about preseving entity_id is that we want to keep the links between products and other things, like order items. This will lessen the work load, we’re thinking.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lake_tuna

@dweeves,

The reason for we’re thinking about preseving entity_id is that we want to keep the links between products and other things, like order items. This will lessen the work load, we’re thinking.

We’re completely redoing our database. We won’t be keeping two systems. We’ve had tried many extentions and modifications by other people, and we feel that our DB is broken somewhere and sluggish.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rapidmfg

Total Posts:  4

Magmi seems like a useful tool, but does anybody know how you can update Group Price in 1.7 ?

I have 4 Customer Groups and need to quickly adjust the prices for each group ?

Thanks !

Magento Community
Magento Community

dolestar

Total Posts:  41

firstly thank you for such an invaluable script for magento! 

i have a question, I am trying to import a date field which i use a product due date.  In normal dataflow it imports no problem, formatted as a regular DD/MM/YYYY field in the csv, but Magmi incorrectly interprets it.

Can you advise how to correctly format a date field in Magmi?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stmedia

Total Posts:  5

Hi dweeves,

I have multiple stores under 1 Magento install. Every product I add via MAGMI is being added to all stores, even though I have the CSV prepared to NOT do this.

I have tried many ways to prevent this from happening:

First, I was using the normal Dataflow CSV format that I normally use: “store” column value is “admin” and websites column has the sites listed that the product is for. i.e. “site1,site2”

Then I see from the Wiki that the “websites” column is obsolete.

So, I tried using just the “store” column in different ways: just as “site1” and then as “admin,site1” but neither of these work.

I still always get the product associated with ALL websites.

I have spent all day looking at the wiki, and looking in this forum - but can’t seem to find out the issue.

Any ideas?

I’m using Magento 1.7.0.2 and MAGMI 0.7.18

Thanks!

Nick

Magento Community
Magento Community

lake_tuna

I’ve noticed a peculiar behavior in Magmi when performing the following.

1. Upload file1.csv. Uploads without error.

2. Set up file2.csv. Magmi recognizes that there’s a new file.

3. Select file2.csv to be uploaded.

4. Magmi outputs errors saying file1.csv is not found.

5. When I check the Magento catalog, products in file2.csv are actually uploaded, given that file2.csv contained sound data.

This problem persists even if I open up Magmi and run the profile in a browser that has never used Magmi. I’ve cleared cookies, cache, etc. to no avail. Any idea on how to fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

crimson1

Total Posts:  3

I’ve been using Magmi with great success for quite some time now but I’m running into a strange problem.

I’ve created a custom attribute in Magento that will contain an integer value. I verified that my CSV contains integer values for all rows.

However, when the integer in my CSV is a 0 (zero), the value does not appear on the product - it’s stored as a null/blank value (or it might not even be stored at all). I don’t have this problem with any of my prices or inventory levels (qty column).

Can I get some advice as to how to troubleshoot this problem?

Update: Also, I’m using a multistore setup. I am using the “store” column to define which store the update is for, and this particular attribute is set as “global” in scope.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stmedia

@lake_tuna, I’ve seen the same problem/issue. Magmi notices the new CSV, I assign the new CSV for import and save the profile, then when I actually import, Magmi shows me the process for the PREVIOUS CSV and not the current one. However, MAgmi does indeed process the correct CSV...for some reason, it just shows the previous one.

The only way I’ve figured out around this, is to save profile with new CSV, then change profiles to something else, then go back to the profile I want, hit “save” again, wait a minute or so, and run the file. This will usually work so that magmi shows the status for the correct CSV. It’s pretty strange.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stmedia

Magmi is auto-creating new attributes for me :(

i.e. I have an attribute “Blue” in my CSV, and “Blue” already exists in my attribute set. After import, I now have 2 “Blue” attributes - this obviously really screws up my layered navigation, since there are now products in each “Blue” attribute

Any ideas why it’s doing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lake_tuna

@stmedia, I’ve tried the profile-switch trick, but it seems to work sometimes and not other times. It seems like there needs to be some time you have to wait out before importing for it to work (this time off seem a bit arbitrary).

Regarding your “Blue” attribute issue, have you checked that there is no leading and trailing spaces? I’ve noticed that Magmi will not trim any spaces before and after. So, “BLUE” and “BLUE “ (one space at the end) are two different attribute values.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zuiko
Guru

Total Posts:  304
Nantes France

Hello,

lake_tuna - 28 February 2013 03:56 PM

Regarding your “Blue” attribute issue, have you checked that there is no leading and trailing spaces? I’ve noticed that Magmi will not trim any spaces before and after. So, “BLUE” and “BLUE “ (one space at the end) are two different attribute values.

To avoid this behaviour, it’s really easy: just select always the Value Trimmer for select/multiselect plugin and Magmi will trim always blank spaces before and after strings for select and multiselect attributes values before importing..

Magento Community
Magento Community

stmedia

Hi Zuiko, I actually do have the trim plugin always selected...and in looking at my CSV, it doesn’t appear that it was a space issue. It’s really strange.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lake_tuna

Which plug-in set is the Value Trimmer included with? I can’t seem to find it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stmedia

I thought it was core but maybe it was in the “extra” one, thats the only package I installed
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/magmi/index.php?title=Value_Trimmer_for_select/multiselect

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community