Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

i’ve checked the code, so the “no sku info found” is only triggered when sku column is not present.
however, this may be due to some plugin setup (like value replacer).
could you PM me with a link to your setup ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

triplexita

Total Posts:  45

I’m trying to import images from a remote location.
I use the latest version of the plug-in for your images.
Always get the message that the remote image is not found.

how can I fix it?

csv file in the image field contains “imagename.jpg” information,
and in mapper plugin i have mapped this magento fileds for image and small thumb.

where is the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bemavision

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

is it possible a given price in csv to reduce in percent during the import? (simple product case)

Best Regards
Matthias

Magento Community
Magento Community

triplexita

Total Posts:  45

yes this is possible with value replacer plugin:

set as REPLACE ATTRIBUTE price
and in new value for price

{{ {item.price}*(1+(10/100.0)) }} per aumentare il prezzo del 10% ad esempio
{{ {item.price}*(1-(10/100.0)) }} per diminuire il prezzo del 10% ad esempio

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

is it possible a given price in csv to reduce in percent during the import? (simple product case)

Hello,
It is possible to set price mark-ups or mark-downs right in the process of import, if you do it via Store Manager for Magento tool.
All you need to do is importing the file, use this expression rule like -

[CSV_COL(INDEX)]*0.85
where INDEX is the number of the column with price and 0.85 - denoted that the price should be reduced by 15%

There are also other modifications that can be applied right in the process of import. Most common are listed here -

You can try out importing using Store Manager solution, since there is 2 -weeks free and fully-functional version which you can download here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

with magmi , the easy version is using value replacer and replace price with.

{{ {item.price}*0.9 }} (to apply a 10% discount)

of course , this can be done for as many columns you want !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sergio Alfaro

Total Posts:  28

Hi dweeves. Is in your mind the option of develop some plugin for export the magento products in magmi format directly for import again using magmi?

I know that this can be done with default magento tool, but maybe only for simple products, and not for configurables, price tiers, group prices, etc.

I think that can be a great tool for develope tests and for migrate from old magento version to new magento from scratch. thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

export is not yet in my immediate roadmap but not forgotten.however, won’t come soon since i need to focus on a revamped 0.8 release with many new features. (customer import - already done , new UI, merge bugfixes from 0.7).
Moreover i’m very busy aside from magmi and fight a bit to get some time for it (hope it’ll get better around march)

currently using SQL datasource may fill a little gap but you’ll need to know how to forge adequate SQL queries against the “source” magento DB.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sergio Alfaro

Total Posts:  28

great to see that the project is very active. Thanks dweeves for all your help and for share free this great tool! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

Total Posts:  297

I know that the Custom Options pugin, before delete the options than adds it.

Is there a possibility to update the options instead of delete them?

I can’t insert different store views in the same import and the custom options are overwritten.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

Total Posts:  50

Seeing how well Magmi works for importing, an export version would be a godsend.

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

serik

Total Posts:  6

dweeves - 22 November 2012 09:18 AM

@serik : probably a bug in category flags management in the plugin, i’ll have a look.

php coding isn’t mine but here is a quick fix that makes categories import with options working:

magmi/plugins/extra/itemprocessors/categories/categoryimport.php line 225

//$catdef=implode($this->_tsep,$catparts);
  $catdef=implode($this->_tsep,$pcatparts);

Magento Community
Magento Community

serik

Total Posts:  6

Magento 1.7.0.2 fresh installation, magmi v0.7.18, example from magmi wiki
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/magmi/index.php?title=Magmi_Behaviour_-_select_&_multiselect_attributes
Multiselect sample , Translated values

"store","sku",.....,"mymultiselect"
"admin"
,"000001",.....,"av1,av2,av3"
"store1"
,"000001",.....,"s1v1::[av1],s1v2::[av2],s1v3::[av3]"
"admin"
,"000002",.....,"av1,av3"
"store1"
,"000002",.....,"s1v1::[av1],s1v3::[av3]"
"admin"
,"000003",.....,"av4"
"store1"
,"000003",.....,"s1v4::[av4]"

when you try to edit this attribute - the following error

a:5:{i:0;s:81:"Item (Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Option) with the same id "42" already exist";i:1;s:4929:"#0 ...lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(576): Varien_Data_Collection->addItem(Object(Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Option))
#1 ...app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Block/Adminhtml/Attribute/Edit/Options/Abstract.php(205): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->load()
#2 ...app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Block/Adminhtml/Attribute/Edit/Options/Abstract.php(152): Mage_Eav_Block_Adminhtml_Attribute_Edit_Options_Abstract->getStoreOptionValues('1')
#3 ...app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product/attribute/options.phtml(219): Mage_Eav_Block_Adminhtml_Attribute_Edit_Options_Abstract->getOptionValues()
#4 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/var/www/nginx/...')
#5 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#6 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#7 ...app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#8 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#9 ...app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Attribute/Edit/Tabs.php(59): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#10 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(862): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Attribute_Edit_Tabs->_beforeToHtml()
#11 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#12 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#13 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(582): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('left', true)
#15 ...app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(58): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('left')
#16 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/var/www/nginx/...')
#17 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#18 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#19 ...app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#20 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#21 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(555): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#22 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(390): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#23 ...app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/Product/AttributeController.php(122): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#24 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_Product_AttributeController->editAction()
#25 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
#26 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#27 ...app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#28 ...app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#29 ...index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#30 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:114:"index.php/admin/catalog_product_attribute/edit/attribute_id/135/key/1b0f7ad3c388017abddf9092c3060f13/";s:11:"script_name";s:22:"index.php";s:4:"skin";s:5:"admin";}

Magento Community
Magento Community

lake_tuna

Total Posts:  54

Hey dweeves,

Magmi looks very promising. We’re beginning some test imports soon. We’re re-creating our store’s database (Magento to Magento) using Magmi, and I’d like to know if preserving the entity_id of products is a possibility when importing products using Magmi into this new database. If so, which plugin would be used?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@lake_tuna

preserving entity_id is not doable yet and is really a very bad idea & practice.

assume new magento install as totally alien to the old one. trying to share “internal identifiers” between two systems may cause big problems.

there should be no need for entity_id sharing unless you are doing very unsafe things like raw db tables copying from one system to another.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community