Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

Have u tried reindexing?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jrsteensen

Total Posts:  11

New Magmi user here. I had an issue with categories assigning correctly, and I got it fixed.

Now, on to the bigger problem: it freezes after 80-100 products, both PHP ran and CLI ran.

Nothing in the magmi/state logs, no error out. Have to kill it.

If anyone could give me some advice on my CSV I\’d appreciate it. I do have the general settings set to read teh delimiter as a semicolon, as that is what is used in my distributor flatfile I manipulate. Descriptions have commas, so I think it would be hard to covert it over to a true CSV.

File Attachments
parsed_output_min.csv.txt  (File Size: 6908KB - Downloads: 274)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeputter

Total Posts:  4

Using Magmi 0.7.18beta2 on a 1.5 install:

Normally I find a way to figure out the right way, but now I’m stuck with an import of a translated product sheet.

The first 375 records imported just fine, but then the rest of the CSV (3700 products) generates SQL errors like:

error:1:SQLSTATE[42000]Syntax error or access violation1064 You have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
 syntax to 
use near ')<br>                               JOIN dh_core_store_group as csg ON csg.root_category_id=SUBSTR(SUBSTRING_' at line 6 INSERT IGNORE INTO dh_catalog_cate
gory_product_index 
<br>                          SELECT cce.entity_id as category_id,ccp.product_id,ccp.position,IF(cce.entity_id=ccp.category_id,1,0) as is_parent,csg.default_st
ore_id
,cpei.value as visibility <br>                             FROM dh_catalog_category_product as ccp<br>                             JOIN dh_catalog_product_entity as cpe ON 
ccp
.product_id=cpe.entity_id<br>                                 JOIN dh_catalog_product_entity_int as cpei ON cpei.attribute_id=? AND cpei.entity_id=cpe.entity_id<br>           JOIN dh_catalog_category_entity as cce ON cce.entity_id IN ()<br>                                JOIN dh_core_store_group as csg ON csg.root_category_id=SUBSTR(SUBSTRING_
INDEX
(cce.path,'/',2),LOCATE('/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(cce.path,'/',2))+1)<br>                                 WHERE ccp.product_id=?<br>                      ORDER by is_parent DESC,c
sg
.default_store_id,cce.entity_id

I suspect it has something to do with products only assigned to Root Catalog category.
However in the first 375 records there are products with only Root Catalog importing fine. Moreover there are products with specific categories in the remaining 3700 records that generate error.

Somebody a hint where to look for ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SiteSmart

Total Posts:  52
Orlando, FL

Hi, I am trying to import configurable products with multiple configurable attributes.  When I use two or more I get this when trying to edit the product:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /home/magento/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Configurable.php on line 229

This does not happen when I only use one configurable attribute.  Anyone know why?

Magento Community
Magento Community

d0tc0m

Total Posts:  6

Hi!

problem 1:
After hours of testing I cannot get the Value Replacer v0.0.8a to work
I want to populate url_key and used {{ Slugger::slug({item.name} }} as suggested.
However this is not working; the field remains empty after import.

UPDATE: when running in command line...the following output is generated:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in ../magmi/plugins/base/itemprocessors/valuereplacer/03_valuereplacer.php(105) : eval()’d code on line 1

problem 2:
Check the attached csv file. Import is going fine. However \\\\\\\"visibilty\\\\\\\" is set to \\\\\\\"Not visible individually\\\\\\\” after import for simple product with SKU R7TEST1. What could be causing this?

Can anyone point me to a possible solution for these problems?

Any input is highly appreciated… many thanks!

File Attachments
magmi_sample_products.csv.zip  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 62)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bary

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

I have a question about command line (cli). I am using it, all is ok, after calling it magmistate is updated to “running” but file progress.txt is not created/updated and it can not be send by an email to me after calling plugin Import Report Mail Notifier v1.0.0. I am using v0.7.18beta2 magmi. Using GUI of magmi all is OK and progress.txt is created/updated. But I need it to use a command line.

Is this a bug or my misconfiguration? Thanks

EDIT: sorry for double post below, my fault....and refresh page .)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bary

HI,

I am using latest version of magmi v0.7.18beta2, but after calling a command line magmi.cli.php it correctly update magmistate to “runnig” but it does not create/update progress.txt file :( So it can not be sended by an email notofyer plugin. Using magmi GUI all is ok, but I need to run it by shell.

Is it a bug or my misconfiguration? Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

kek0

Total Posts:  28

dweeves - 13 December 2012 06:14 AM

Magmi should support the dd/mm/yyyy format unless you’ve got an old version.

Hi! I have this same issue that mention gpcola, but using a custom attribute that use the date format, and I see exactly the same that gpcola in the imported data.

Using v0.7.18beta2 and magento 1.7.0.2

thanks! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

kek0

Total Posts:  28

Hi, I have another issue with the Column mapper v0.0.3.
I can setup ok, I am writing three attributes coma separated and appears down this three for I write the correct magento attributes.
I save the changes, but when I run the import, only change the first one.
I was tried to modify the order and all time only change the first one:

CSV Datasource v1.2 4 CSV headers columns found
Column mapper v0.0.3 
Replacing Column REFERENCIA by sku
Ajusted processed columns
:4

Is there any possible bug in this plugin? thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikevyas

Total Posts:  8
usa

dweeves - 08 August 2010 06:05 AM

updated version 0.2.6

- fix for multiselect options (thanks mennos for testing it live !!!!)

Thanks for your file. It contain so much information which i want. It easily saves my time.
I also work in magneto field but don’t know about this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VIANEL

Total Posts:  4
Essen/ Beyşehir

First of all, thanks for this great piece of code smile

I have a problem with the cli in magmi. Everything is ok if i import my CSV via UI. But if i import via CLI only couple af the attributes are in the database (or the product page in Magento), most of the attributes in CSV does\’t appear in backed of Magento/ database.

I am using PHP 5.2, Magento 1.7.0.2 and Magmi v0.7.18beta2.

The CSV separator is “|”, Enclosure ‘”’

Magento Community
Magento Community

muk_t

Total Posts:  226

Hi,

Can some one please send me the sample format of CSv file to import the custom options using Magmi.

I am not getting the information given on wiki pages easily.

I have some existing products for them I want to create custom options.What will be the format of the csv for this.

I want to use the custom sku for the custom options for the products.

please help me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

At last, i had some time to make the 0.7.18 release.

you can find it at its standard download location

The plugin packages have also been updated, you can find them here:

extra package
advanced utilities package

Happy importing !

-------------------------------------------------
- RELEASE NOTES FOR MAGMI 0.7.18 -
-------------------------------------------------

#################################################
# Bugfixes

- now magmi cli also writes into magmi/state/progress.txt file as the gui does (this will help using email plugin from cli)

- magmi cli parameter override for plugins works as expected (was disabled in beta)
- Extra plugin package (especially exotic use case remote agent) is backward compatible with php 5.2

# Enhancements

* The value replacer formula resolver has been moved into productimportengine. This will enable to use it later in many places
(prepare for even more powerful data manipulation capabilities in next version)

* Startup info in log is more complete

UI
--

- Added better info display on plugins as well as sponsoring infos

Enhanced Plugins:
------------------

- Category Importer/Creator now can work with category root path parameter from UI (was buggy, thanks to Pierpaolo Toniolo for the fix)
- Category Importer/Creator can now define item positions in last category
- Category Importer/Creator can now have explicit root assignment on multistore

- Image processor now has enhanced renaming capabilities (useful for server generated remote images) (renaming syntax changed including support for regexp replacement with captures & value replacer syntax)

- CSV Datasource, added support for UTF8 BOM & Non BOM with autodetection

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bary

For me 1*, thank you for a cli progress.txt file!!! Good job (the other way I did not test it yet so maybe I change my mind, but I guess/hope not smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

bemavision

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

we’re using magmi (version v0.7.17a) for an 1.6.1 shop without any problems.

For a new magento installation (1.7.0.2) we are using magmi v0.7.18, but we’re not able to import any products. The error message is “No sku info found for record #X”. We ‘re sure that a “sku” column exists;)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community