Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

gpcola

Total Posts:  97

I have just noticed some strange behavior - all my products imported via Magmi have a news_from_date and news_to_date of 30/11/00-1.  I’ve verified the contents of these fields in the CSV and they are valid dates so I’m confused as to why this is.

Manually creating products via the Admin panel and front-end record creation where dates are involved (such as customer creation) results in correctly formatted dates so this appears to be a Magmi issue but having searched the forums and Google I appear to be alone in this…

Has else anyone come across such a problem and more to the point, managed to resolve it?

Magento 1.7.0.2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@gpcola : which format of date did you use in your csv ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gpcola

Total Posts:  97

dweeves - 12 December 2012 12:41 AM

@gpcola : which format of date did you use in your csv ?

UK format dates - dd/mm/yyyy - is that the issue? My locale is set to UK and I have date.timezone = “Europe/London” set in php.ini.  As I say, all dates appear to be fine unless imported via Magmi.  What format dates should I use for Magmi dweeves?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Magmi should support the dd/mm/yyyy format unless you’ve got an old version.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hansiepansie

Total Posts:  2

Hi Dweeves and others,

I got a problem with empty values. I got an text attribute which is empty, and should update the product so the existing value is going to be removed.

According to the wiki running it in create mode it should be set to empty. Unfortunately the value is being ignored. Is there a way to force the field to be cleared?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

you could try __MAGMI_DELETE__ magic value.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hansiepansie

Total Posts:  2

Wow, you are fast. And it also works.

Thanks a lot! Love your work! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Applebee

Total Posts:  5

Hi!

Does anyone know how to import Grouped Products using Magmi. I have a import file which works fine but paces the simple products at ‘Related Products’ instead of ‘Associated Products’.

I’m using the Grouped Products plugin.

In the attachment you see SKU’s etc of the import file.

Image Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2012-12-14 om 15.56.24.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Grouped plugin now needs grouped_skus column to define what items are to be grouped together.
Forgot to update the wiki, sorry.

Edit : wiki is now up to date !

Magento Community
Magento Community

LighTec24

Total Posts:  1

Can anybody help me

i have a simple csv: sku,name

the sku is import correctly, but no name will import into magento, what is the problem?

thanks in advice

Magento Community
Magento Community

fluxvital

Hello/salut,

i have a big problem with magmi import, i have search on all forums without solution i’m really desperated ...

1 - i have make an import of configurable products with their associated simple products. All is rogth the products are on the admin panel that’s really worked like a charm. Thanks to dweeves and his awesome magmi.

2- the products are not visible on the frontend i don’t understand the cause (certainly a reindex issue)

3- i have tried to re index the products on the magento admin panel, still nothing on the frontend

4- i have tried to reindex product with the magmi on the fly import and then reindex prices on the admin panel, same issue

5- i have try to reindex products with Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.2, and i have an error, here it is :

agmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.2 - done in 0.03 secs
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.2 - Reindexing catalog_product_price....
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.2 - X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.13

Content-type: text/html
Warning: require_once(../engines/.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/fluxvita/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../engines/.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home3/fluxvita/public_html/magmi/inc:/home3/fluxvita/public_html/magmi/integration/inc:/home3/fluxvita/public_html/magmi/engines’) in /home3/fluxvita/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

i have see that this can be due to php cli not installer on my server but i don’t know how to install it

is there a way to make my products back on the frontend please ?

tell me if you need more details i will give what you need.

MERCI

Magento Community
Magento Community

Applebee

dweeves - 14 December 2012 08:01 AM

Grouped plugin now needs grouped_skus column to define what items are to be grouped together.
Forgot to update the wiki, sorry.

Edit : wiki is now up to date !

Ok, so an additional column with the same SKU’s but with teh column header ‘grouped_skus’ should do the trick?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Applebee

Ok, it works!

I didn’t use the grouped_skus option but changed the SKU’s. Before the SKU’s were for example:
1234B (simple)
1234C (simple)
1234B+C (grouped)

But when I removed B+C from grouped (and reindex and cleared cache), they were visible although in the administrator part you won\’t see the simple products with the “associated products” tab.

Good luck everyone! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

Is there any way to join two files on the fly?  I have two csv files from my wholesaler, one with basic product info, sku, qty, etc and one with more details, like name, description.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KittyLee

Hi, I tried to import some products with Magmi, the speed is amazing, but after I checked the frontend of those products, the chart in their page disappeared, if I tick them in the back end one by one and save them, the frontend is display normally. But there are so many products we import everyday, the edit-save is exactly no a good way. And I have done everything I can do, but I haven\’t found out how to solve it.
Does anyone can help me about this?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community