Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

Wallie85 - 12 October 2012 12:22 AM

Thirst of all thanks for Magmi as addon to Magento.

We have everything setup and we are using Magmi to update the stock in our shop. After running Magmi the stock is updated only the indexes are not reindexed (so in the frontend we do not see the products with stock 0 gone). In Magmi there is the common addon “Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5” and we are trying to use this to reïndex the stock index. When we run Magmi it only doest not work and get the following report:

Skus imported OK:1399/9384
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - running indexer
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - Reindexing cataloginventory_stock....
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17

Content-type: text/html

Warning: require_once(../engines/.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../engines/.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/inc:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/integration/inc:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/engines’) in /home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - done in 0.26 secs

I do not know what to do to make this work.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

I’d like to know how this works too.

I’ve done some research on it and discovered that apparently you need the php cli extension installed. Sorting this out has been pretty low on my priority list, so that’s as far as I got.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@Wallie85

Magmi magento reindexer needs PHP CLI to run.(in fact it launches a shell_exec for a php cli instance calling magento shell/indexer.php script)

the plugin a configuration box to define what is the command line to launch php cli.

From what i see from the logs, it seems that the php instance that is ran is a php CGI one.

maybe your hosting does not provide access to PHP CLI instance or you did not configure one correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wallie85

Total Posts:  44

dweeves - 12 October 2012 12:38 AM

@Wallie85

Magmi magento reindexer needs PHP CLI to run.(in fact it launches a shell_exec for a php cli instance calling magento shell/indexer.php script)

the plugin a configuration box to define what is the command line to launch php cli.

From what i see from the logs, it seems that the php instance that is ran is a php CGI one.

maybe your hosting does not provide access to PHP CLI instance or you did not configure one correctly.

Dear Dweeves,

Thanks for your quick response. We have send this as well to our hosting provider with the question how to set this up. We did not configure one yet. How do we set this up?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

dem00n

Total Posts:  4

kiwimagent - 26 September 2012 03:26 PM

Update: I’ve looked through the code in categoryimport.php (to the best of my limited ability) and it seems like things are currently set up to handle assignment of skus/categories to one explicit root at a time.

e.g., in the categories field [root1]/a/b;;/c/d;;e/f results in:

[root1]
+a
++b
+c
++d
+e
++f

but [root1]/a/b;;/c/d;;e/f;;[root2]/u/v;;/w/x;;y/z won’t produce:

[root1]
+a
++b
+c
++d
+e
++f
[root2]
+u
++v
+w
++x
+y
++z

To add to additional categories in different roots (and/or create those categories), an update using category_reset set to 0 seems to be the best approach. So create ... then update wink.

Thanks for a great piece of software Dweeves ... looks like it may be very useful!

Hi,

any progress on updating that?
Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laccas

Total Posts:  39

So anybody knows how could i upgrade the configurable products with magmi without duplication?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

your duplication problems seems very weird.

The only thing i can figure out is that there may be some whitespaces in the datasource (csv or sql) skus preventing magmi to match existing ones , thus forcing creation of new ones.

i never met this problem before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laccas

Total Posts:  39

Problem only occured with configurable products, simples upgrade fine!

If i post a few lines of configurable products could you see it?

I tried with several stores and the problem the same (just with the configurable products). I use the newest version of magmi.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fritzelly

Total Posts:  53

tomharding - 11 October 2012 11:11 PM

fritzelly - 11 October 2012 10:25 AM
I’m having a problem getting the status to update to enabled - I always update the status to Disabled prior to an import so I know which products are no longer valid.
From the wiki I believe this is supposed to default to Enabled by default - but it’s not
So I tried adding a status column and used Enabled and 1 (with the generic mapping) but still the status won’t update

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I use the column header “Status” with the value “Enabled” and that seems to work fine for me.

I’ve tried status and Status, with Enabled and 1
The status always stays at Disabled

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cubix Web Solutions
Guru

Total Posts:  318
LondON, United Kingdom

My stats:

Server:
Intel Core™ i7-2600 Quad-Core
16GB RAM

CSV file with:
101 columns
312519 rows

Imported in:
8.5 hours

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Cubix Web Solutions - 13 October 2012 01:42 AM

My stats:

Server:
Intel Core™ i7-2600 Quad-Core
16GB RAM

CSV file with:
101 columns
312519 rows

Imported in:
8.5 hours

That a bit long.
it’s only 10 rows/sec

do you need the 101 columns ? (all columns that are not “attributes” or “qty”, “store”,"attribute_set" & “type” or “tax_class_id” may not be needed)
did you check magmi optimizer plugin ? (that adds some indexes in the DB)
did you optimize your innoDB settings ?

What is the DB efficiency reported by magmi ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

0.7.18 about to be released, some hints of what it contains here

All is already avaialble in svn repo of magmi project, but the “official build” will be released once i get time to perform tests.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ericchantigny

Total Posts:  3

This problem is solved!  My catalog_product_entity had some skus in it that were not associated with products.  About a hundred of them.  Getting rid of them and redoing the Magmi import solved my problem. Thanks

I’m having issues with about 100 products on a 1600 products import.  The main issue is that I am not getting any errors at all from Magmi and it is telling me that it imports 100% of them (1603/1603).  I managed to pinpoint one product that is not being imported and I’m trying to trouble shoot with only that one in my CSV.  It keeps telling me that it imports it, but doesn’t.

What would be the cause and is there a log that I can look at somewhere?  All the files in state are not showing anything not normal.

I am running the import with the CLI command on version 0.7.17a

EDIT:  I’ve been able to import it by changing the SKU from “MFG3061” to “TESTSKU”.  That is weird since I don’t have a product with the original SKU in the backend either.

Is it possible that there’s some artifacts in the database that have not been cleaned out properly when I deleted products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fabyox

Total Posts:  5

I have Magento 1.7.0.2, Magmi 0.7.17 and Tier Price Processor 0.0.8a.
In Magento I have this store’s schema:
it_website - it - it_store_view (base currency euro)
uk_website - uk - uk_store_view (base currency british pound sterling)
There are different prices between stores, and value for “Catalog Price Scope” option is “Website”.

Trying with test CSV shown below, only uk_website (last of CSV) results in updated tier pricing for sku1. Instead, it_website tier pricing for sku1 is empty.

CSV:
websites;store;sku;tier_price:_all_
it_website;it;sku1;"3:29;6:28;11:27"
uk_website;uk;sku1;"3:19;6:18;11:17"

Where am I wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sannisinas

Total Posts:  62

Hi All,

I think I found a serious bug. I just did an upload with the following data

store, sku, special_price

for configurable products to change the special price.

The problem is that he is changing the configurable prodcucts to simple products.
So the dropdown is removed from the frontend.

It works when I add the type

store, sku, special_price, type

I am using magento 1.6.2 with the newest magmi file and plugins.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bijuthotta

Total Posts:  11

Hi ,

I have been working with the wonderful Magmi importer for a couple of weeks and got it working perfectly fine on my server. now when i tried to replicate the exact same settings in my clients server I am getting the error “SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘compkraf_mgn2.core_store’ doesn’t exist -”. I have been searching the web for an answer for hours but to no avail. would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer. thank you so much in advance.

- Biju

Update: the issue is resolved. I had missed the table prefix details which was not needed in my server. all fine now.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community