Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

bijuthotta

Total Posts:  11

thanks for the reply Sanni. yep. that exactly was the issue. had solved a while ago. thanks for replying. much appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

arash sintel

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I have faced an issue with using Magmi and I would really appreciate it if anybody could help me on this.
I’ve been using Magmi for a long time for updating our 100K product’s names and prices every day and it’s been working great.
But recently I wanted to update some of the products URLs too. So I uses Magmi importing CSV (like always) and update the prices and also URLs.  But Surprisingly the prices are being updated perfectly but not the URLs!!! (none of the urls updated) In Magmi importing report it says 61 column including the URL column has been processed but all the urls are the same as before and never changed.
I did a 10 product sample import through magento backend (dataflow importing) and the URLs changed correctly!
Do you have any idea what may cause the issue?! Is there any problem with Magmi?! I used all different versions of Magmi but none of them updated the urls!

Thank you,

Magento Community
Magento Community

mengqing

Total Posts:  10

Not sure if this is a bug, but multistore updates isn’t working on datapump (not sure if it is working on csv import as i don’t use it)

--- a/magmi/engines/magmi_productimportengine.php
+++ b/magmi/engines/magmi_productimportengine.php
@@ -717,+717,@@ class Magmi_ProductImportEngine extends Magmi_Engine
           {
               $sids
=$store_ids;

//remove all values bound to the other stores for this attribute,so that they default to "use admin value"
-              array_pop($sids);
+             
array_shift($sids); //remove first in the array(admin - store code 0)

if(count($sids)>0)

{
                   $sidlist
=implode(",",$sids);

Let me know if this is intended

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

Thanks for reporting, fixed in 0.7.18beta2

Magento Community
Magento Community

sannisinas

Total Posts:  67

Hi Dweeves,

I posted this before but is this a bug or?

Hi All,

I think I found a serious bug. I just did an upload with the following data

store, sku, special_price

for configurable products to change the special price.

The problem is that he is changing the configurable prodcucts to simple products.
So the dropdown is removed from the frontend.

It works when I add the type

store, sku, special_price, type

I am using magento 1.6.2 with the newest magmi file and plugins.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikrophon

Total Posts:  2

I’m having a problem creating products with magmi (latest build, v0.7.18beta2) and Magento (ver 1.7.0.2).

Any product created with magmi’s import is missing every pricing field in magento’s manage product. When I’m in the product’s Prices all I see is “Is Product Available for Purchase with Google Checkout” nothing else. If I create the product through magento I do have the missing fields (price, special price, tax class, etc).

I have tried reindexing, checked my permissions, tried creating the products through magmi with the bare minimum (sku, type, attribute_set), and tried different attribute sets with no success.

Magmi does import the prices (they show on the front-end and in the manage products table) but I need these to be editable within the magento admin.

Is there any fix for this? I’m willing to take any suggestions, I need this to work.

Image Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

serik

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

at first - thanks you all guys for this excellent project!

at last but not least - i have one question: is it possible to import/create categories on the fly with different names in multi view store?

i.e. i have fresh magento 1.7.0.2 with 3 Store View:

All Store Views

|
  -- 
magento1702

|
       -- 
store

|
            -- 
en

-- fr

-- de

is it possible by sku import create so: cat_name for admin, cat_name_en for en store view, cat_name_fr for fr store view and cat_name_de for de store view?

I tried this:

"store","websites","sku","name","price","qty","description","short_description","attribute_set","categories"
"admin,en,fr,de"
,"base","mytestsku1","Product","19","4","Product description","Product short","Default","[root]/cat_admin;;[root]/cat_en;;[root]/cat_fr;;[root]/cat_de"

and

"store","websites","sku","name","price","qty","description","short_description","attribute_set","categories"
"admin"
,"base","mytestsku1","Product","19","4","Product description","Product short","Default","[root]/cat_admin"
"en"
,"base","mytestsku1","Product en",  "19","4","Product description EN","Product short","Default","[root]/cat_en"
"fr"
,"base","mytestsku1","Product fr",  "19","4","Product description FR","Product short","Default","[root]/cat_fr"
"de"
,"base","mytestsku1","Product de",  "19","4","Product description DE","Product short","Default","[root]/cat_de"

without success : (

any suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luiz Alvaro

Total Posts:  11

Hello Folks,

Magmi aways reports error No sku info found for record #4 when i try to import magento .csv file. i trying to import a configurable product, whats the problem with my csv?

row 1 = fields id
row 2 = sku - simple product
row 3 = sku - simple product
row 4 = sku - configurable product with _super_products_sku - _super_attribute_code _super_attribute_option
product1sku - size - 50ml
row 5 = BLANK SKU (ROW) with _super_products_sku - _super_attribute_code
product2sku - size - 100ml

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryzoom

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

thanks for the great work on MAGMI.

I successfully used MAGMI for about one week. Suddenly the value of the first column “Category” is always empty. The csv file didn’t change. If I add another column “x” in front of the first column, the value of column “x” is empty, but “Category” can be read now.

Any suggestions would be appriceated.

Thank you very much

Thomas

Magento Community
Magento Community

cpardo

Total Posts:  21

Hi all. Is there any way for import the product descriptions directly from an html url source code? I cant find it

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skarniva

Total Posts:  16
Tucker, GA

I need help. I have been using Magmi for over a year with no issues. My site has grown so I had to separate my webserver and database server.

I am receiving this error:

SQLSTATE[42000]Syntax error or access violation1055 'magento.cce.entity_type_id' isn't in GROUP BY - SELECT cce.entity_type_id,cce.attribute_set_id,cce.level+1 as level,COALESCE(MAX(eac.position),0)+1 as position
FROM catalog_category_entity as cce
LEFT JOIN catalog_category_entity as eac ON eac.parent_id=cce.entity_id
WHERE cce.entity_id=?
GROUP BY eac.parent_id

Please help.

Image Attachments
screenpic.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Luiz Alvaro - 12 November 2012 04:20 PM

Hello Folks,

Magmi aways reports error No sku info found for record #4 when i try to import magento .csv file. i trying to import a configurable product, whats the problem with my csv?

row 1 = fields id
row 2 = sku - simple product
row 3 = sku - simple product
row 4 = sku - configurable product with _super_products_sku - _super_attribute_code _super_attribute_option
product1sku - size - 50ml
row 5 = BLANK SKU (ROW) with _super_products_sku - _super_attribute_code
product2sku - size - 100ml

As said in the CSV Datasource documentation (even in GUI Header) , DO NOT USE 1.5+ Import/Export csv format but “Dataflow” legacy format without the “_” as first chars of columns.
Moreover, for configurable handling , magmi needs its own columns as described in the configurable plugin documentation wiki entry (simply click on documentation link beside configurable plugin to see how to import configurables)

Magento Community
Magento Community

FD CITY

Total Posts:  38

Hi!

Firstly, thanks for this excellent extension and for making it open source to the community.  smile

I\\\’m new to Magento and building stores, so it\\\’s been a steep learning curve.  I have tried reading all the threads and googling but I cant find the answer to my question, so here\\\’s my first post.

My wholesaler has provided a host of Zend csv files and among them are a couple of category csvs.  Firstly, I would like to import their category Categories_ID along with the category names.  When I try and import, Magmi/Magento uses the default ID of 2, then increments for each added category rather than use the ones I specifically want.  Is it possible to do this? 

Following on from this, would it be possible to have an option to import categories only?

categories_id language_id categories_name categories_description
31 1 Sport
41 1 Tech

Thanks in advance for your advice!

NB.  I thought I\\\’d found a quick way using the quickCatCreate.php but it doesn’t appear to work for Magento 1.7.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Using “external” category ids and trying to force magento to use them is a very bad practice.
Moreover, there are reserved ids in magento (at least id 1)

You cannot assume how ids are generated on the external system
You cannot assume how magento internals will evolve.
and you will loose the capacity to change the category layout using magen to admin.

This is true for all “ids” between any systems.

matching names is a “safer” way to do that will let you have a “transparent” mapping without assuming anything on internal behaviour & dependencies both sides.

In fact, you do not need to exchange ids, you only need a repeatable & systematic way to map entities between each other.

Magmi is even able to provide data manipulation features (through value replacer plugin) that will help doing such a mapping using complex matching rules.

So, if you have names available, use names for doing the mapping.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FD CITY

Total Posts:  38

OK.  I’ll have just move on with importing the category names instead.

Thanks for the advice and the very quick response!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community