Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

siemed

Total Posts:  12

Hello all, I hope someone can help me.

I’m want to use Magmi for product relations.
I have read the wiki and this is what I try to import:

store;sku;re_skus
admin;LA-312468;LA-311162
admin;LA-309015;LA-306627

I have read somewhere that the store also has to be in the document.
When I import this, it shows “Skus imported KO:2/2” but it also skips two records.

Do I need to add more to the CSV or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks you very much in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

spilla

Total Posts:  8

I’m trying to run a simple SQL datasource update on ~3000 products, which works fine when using Magmi’s UI, but when I try to use the CLI commands, I’m consistently getting errors.

Here’s the command I’m using:

php magmi.cli.php -mode=update -profile=AID Specials

And here’s the response:

startup:Running Magmi Product Import Engine v1.6 by dweeves
startup
:Import Mode:update
title
:MAGMI by dweeves version:0.7.17
step
:step:0.5%
plugin;Magmi_DefaultAttributeItemProcessor;pluginhello:Standard Attribute Import-1.0.2-Dweeves
startup:Performing Datasouce Lookup...

Fatal errorCall to a member function getRecordsCount() on a non-object in /home/import/public_html/magmi/engines/magmi_productimportengine.php on line 1230

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@spilla

it would run more easily if you quote your profilename since it has spaces in it !!!!

php magmi.cli.php -mode=update -profile="AID Specials"

Magento Community
Magento Community

spilla

That’s done it! Legend! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

siemed

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

Can someone please point me in the right direction with this issue?

Hello all, I hope someone can help me.

I’m want to use Magmi for product relations.
I have read the wiki and this is what I try to import:

store;sku;re_skus
admin;LA-312468;LA-311162
admin;LA-309015;LA-306627

I have read somewhere that the store also has to be in the document.
When I import this, it shows “Skus imported KO:2/2” but it also skips two records.

Do I need to add more to the CSV or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks you very much in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@siemed

if the 2 skus in your csv were skipped then :
- you are running in update mode and skus do not exist.
- you are running in exclusive create mode and skus do exist

- some warnings are reported and you have a link that will show them.

To have “more detailed” raw output , you could use the “Magmi URL UI Plugin”, select “Just URL” in the combo box of the plugin, copy & paste the textbox content in your browser adress bar.

then magmi will output its log in the browser directly. maybe some more indications on “why your skus are skipped” will appear.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laccas

Total Posts:  39

Hello guys!

I use magmi automation succesfully for a while now, but i realized a problem. An issue with configurable products upgrade. The single products upgrade fine, however, if i upgrade and create the new configurables automatically (mode create), then it will not upgrade the older configurable product, it just create a new configurable product with the same name and almost the same paramaters. It happen with all of my configurable products not just one. So it’s replicate itself every time i run the upgrade. The sku is the same always.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sannisinas

Total Posts:  67

Hello,

I think I found a bug. I am trying to update below fields, I also include the store and website but he always updates the field for all stores.
If I add a normal text field the field is only update for that store / website so the way I use it is correct.

min_sale_qty
use_config_min_sale_qty

Any idea how I can fix this?

Never mind I just found out this is a magento problem not a mamgi problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

kaylamatthews

OSdave - 19 August 2011 03:08 AM

hi all,
Firstavail, congrats to the author of Magmi, and a million thanks for releasing it free.
Now, I wanted to rename all images, including the gallery ones. Because of the bug pointed out by thinkle I couldn’t use Magmi’s rename function.

So, what I’ve done is editing imageitattributeemprocessor.php to directly rename the files.
I wanted my images name itemSKU_integer.extension, for example, my-product-sku_01.jpg.

What I’ve done:
1. in handleGalleryTypeAttribute, replace line 58-59, from:

foreach($images as $imagefile)
{
to
$i 0;
foreach(
$images as $imagefile)
{
    $i
++;
and then I pass the $i variable into copyImageFile, replacing line 75 from
$imagefile=$this->copyImageFile($imagefile,$item,array("store"=>$storeid,"attr_code"=>$attrcode));
to
$imagefile=$this->copyImageFile($imagefile,$item,array("store"=>$storeid,"attr_code"=>$attrcode)$i);
2. in copyImageFile I add a new variable: replace line 464 from
public function copyImageFile($imgfile,&$item,$extra)
tp
public function copyImageFile($imgfile,&$item,$extra,$contador=null)
and then I overwrite $bimgfile: just after line 481
$bimgfile=$this->getTargetName(basename($imgfile),$item,$extra);
I’ve added:
$imgArray explode('.'$imgfile);
$imgExtension '.' $imgArray[sizeof($imgArray)-1];
$bimgfile $item['sku'. (!is_null($contador) ? '_0' $contador '') . $imgExtension;

I realize this is not a good solution, as it doesn’t apply the image renaming function, but it works for me and I think it could be helpfull to others until this bug is fixed.

WOW!!!! You have NO IDEA how much time you just saved me here!!! I am dealing with over 5000 images with the same file names but in different folders and this was making Magento assigning the exact same image to each product - with your fix I didn’t need to go through 5,000 products! THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

Custom options - is there any definitive method to completely strip a product of all custom options?

I can’t quite work it out with Magmi.

I’m using sql import as opposed to CSV import. I try just calling blank rows under the ‘Delivery:drop_down:1’ heading, it doesn’t make a difference at all.

I tried the same with a csv import, but the option still exists.

I can’t find anything in the documentation at all about it. Forgive me if I’ve missed something blatantly obvious.

Thanks,
Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cubix WS
Guru

Total Posts:  318
LondON, United Kingdom

Just wanted to say thank you to the developer of this extension.

P.S. A small donation was sent along with the thank you smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

fritzelly

Total Posts:  53

I’m having a problem getting the status to update to enabled - I always update the status to Disabled prior to an import so I know which products are no longer valid.
From the wiki I believe this is supposed to default to Enabled by default - but it’s not
So I tried adding a status column and used Enabled and 1 (with the generic mapping) but still the status won’t update

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

fritzelly - 11 October 2012 10:25 AM

I’m having a problem getting the status to update to enabled - I always update the status to Disabled prior to an import so I know which products are no longer valid.
From the wiki I believe this is supposed to default to Enabled by default - but it’s not
So I tried adding a status column and used Enabled and 1 (with the generic mapping) but still the status won’t update

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I use the column header “Status” with the value “Enabled” and that seems to work fine for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wallie85

Total Posts:  44

Thirst of all thanks for Magmi as addon to Magento.

We have everything setup and we are using Magmi to update the stock in our shop. After running Magmi the stock is updated only the indexes are not reindexed (so in the frontend we do not see the products with stock 0 gone). In Magmi there is the common addon “Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5” and we are trying to use this to reïndex the stock index. When we run Magmi it only doest not work and get the following report:

Skus imported OK:1399/9384
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - running indexer
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - Reindexing cataloginventory_stock....
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17

Content-type: text/html

Warning: require_once(../engines/.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../engines/.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/inc:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/integration/inc:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/engines’) in /home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - done in 0.26 secs

I do not know what to do to make this work.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Wallie85 - 12 October 2012 12:22 AM

Thirst of all thanks for Magmi as addon to Magento.

We have everything setup and we are using Magmi to update the stock in our shop. After running Magmi the stock is updated only the indexes are not reindexed (so in the frontend we do not see the products with stock 0 gone). In Magmi there is the common addon “Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5” and we are trying to use this to reïndex the stock index. When we run Magmi it only doest not work and get the following report:

Skus imported OK:1399/9384
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - running indexer
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - Reindexing cataloginventory_stock....
Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17

Content-type: text/html

Warning: require_once(../engines/.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../engines/.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/inc:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/integration/inc:/home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/engines’) in /home/carnaval/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 12

Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - done in 0.26 secs

I do not know what to do to make this work.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

I’d like to know how this works too.

I’ve done some research on it and discovered that apparently you need the php cli extension installed. Sorting this out has been pretty low on my priority list, so that’s as far as I got.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community