Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

Florian88

Total Posts:  4

Hy,

I have a bit of a problem with magmi… It kind of brakes my dates. I mention that i edit my csv in excel and I run magento 1.6.2. The problem is that my dates are set like 10.08.2012, and the promo products are set the same. When i do an import with magmi some remain ok… but 99% of the dates break… they are set to 10.08.2007 or 2002, and so on. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RSoppa

Total Posts:  7

This is an amazing plugin! Thanks to Dweeves for all the hard work.

So I’ve got the import working perfectly, and have created a SSIS package that gets the data into the right format and exports it. I have combined this with a folder synchronisation program to get all my images and magmi csv onto my web server ready to be imported.

I’m guessing my next step to creating an entirely automated environment between our local stores database and our magento database is to create some kind of script that:

Calls the SSIS package
Waits till it complete
Calls the folder synchronisation program
Waits for it to complete
Calls Magmi via the CLI or WGET or CURL?
Waits for it to complete

Are there any resources about how I should go about creating this script? (Can I accomplish all of this in something as simple as cmd or are there easier / more powerful ways?)
Should I use CLI, WGET or CURL?
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcm999

Total Posts:  42

Hi Guys,

Love this extension!

I am having a few problems though, wondered if anyone could possible help?

1. I can’t use remote csv files if the URL isn’t a direct link to a CSV file. For example my remote URL is http://www.example.com/download.php?u=23213&password;=34f34fe3f3&export;=csv

This downloads the CSV if you visit it in the browser, but magmi seems to want a full path to an actual CSV file.

Any way to modify this?

2.  ***FIXED***MY FILE WAS SAVED AS ANSI ENCODING, NEEDS TO BE UTF-8.

Magmi doesn’t import £ signs, I can import $ signs, but it will break and ignore the rest of the field if there is a £ in there somewhere.

3. ***FIXED***IT DOES WORK, MY FEED HAD 2 SPACES INSTEAD OF 2 BETWEEN THE DATE AND TIME. USED MAGMI VALUE REPLACER TO FIX. smile

It doesn’t work with this module. http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/scheduled-products-5808.html

I try to import the start and end dates and magmi just seems to ignore it?

If anyone can help I would be much appreciated. I dont mind buying you a drink via paypal either! wink

Cheers,

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bary

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

is there any chance to import Group Price (I think new attributes form 1.7 CE)? Tier price plugin says:

Just declare a column per customer group with name â€œtier_price:name of customer group if you have say group1 group2 as customer groups want to set group1 price to 10 group2 price to 12

"sku","tier_price:group1","tier_price:group2"
 "SKU001"
,"10.00","12.00"
I tried that way, but magmi imported this into Tier price section with Qty=1.

EDIT: is there a possibility to Clear categories? (like clear catalogue in advanced utilities). It would be nice to run that to put magent ointo default empty status (product and categoreis).

Magento Community
Magento Community

EthanD

Total Posts:  11

Dweeves - This is a lifesaver!!  what used to take over 24 hours to do , import over 78,000 items, now only takes an hour.
I do have one question, since I deal with books, I need to have the isbn number imported and it did not do that.  Any ideas why and how I can fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

yshop

Total Posts:  10

During upload of my file, I get this error.  I cant figure out why… does someone know the solution?

Error:

1 SQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`db1113_magento/catalog_category_product`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CAT_CTGR_PRD_CTGR_ID_CAT_CTGR_ENTT_ENTT_IDFOREIGN KEY (`category_id`) REFERENCES `catalog_category_entity` (`entity_id`) ON DELETE C) - INSERT IGNORE INTO catalog_category_product (`category_id`,`product_id`)
VALUES     (?,?),(?,?)

Upload file:

sku;store;attribute_set;type;product_websites;name;image;small_image;thumbnail;category_ids;price;Karakter;brand;description;short-description;qty;weight;status;visibility
;admin;Default;simple;base;Behang Bambi sand;http://www.shop4fans.nl/uploads/ARTICLES/articles/big/10/53282_19068__23082011_1451.jpg;http://www.shop4fans.nl/uploads/ARTICLES/articles/medium/10/53282_19068__23082011_1451.jpg;http://www.shop4fans.nl/uploads/ARTICLES/articles/medium/10/53282_19068__23082011_1451.jpg;26,39;23.50;bambi;Decofun; Het Bambi behang uit de Disney Bambi serie is uitgebreid met de kleur zand. Het Bambi behangpapier wordt op een rol geleverd in de afmeting 10 meter lang en 53 cm breed. Het Bambi behang is afwasbaar en goed lichtbestendig. Dit behang is goed te combineren met Heavenly blue, bijbehorende behangrand Bambi en de maxi sticker Bambi.; Het Bambi behang uit de Disney Bambi serie is uitgebreid met de kleur zand. Het Bambi behangpapier wordt op een rol geleverd in de afmeting 10 meter lang en 53 cm breed. Het Bambi behang is afwasbaar en goed lichtbestendig. Dit behang is goed te combineren met Heavenly blue, bijbehorende behangrand Bambi en de maxi sticker Bambi.;0;1;1;Catalogus, zoeken

Magento Community
Magento Community

mserbanoiu

Total Posts:  8

Hello

The magmi project is great
Please I need your advice in a matter
I use Product Deleter v0.0.1 plugin in order to delete product
but the images of the product are still on my server - in never deteled;
- in the database the products data are erased
Is something wrong I am doing?
I use the column magmi:delete with the value 1 in every product in order to remove that product.
How can I remove also the images when I delete the product
I need an advice soon.

Best regards,
Marcel

Magento Community
Magento Community

zuiko
Guru

Total Posts:  304
Nantes France

mserbanoiu - 28 August 2012 05:55 AM

Hi Marcel,
do you think that Magento backend does it better when you delete a product?
I don’t think so, and unfortunately you will have to clean your server by hand or using an extension like Image Clean.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mserbanoiu

zuiko - 29 August 2012 10:42 PM

mserbanoiu - 28 August 2012 05:55 AM

Hi Marcel,
do you think that Magento backend does it better when you delete a product?
I don’t think so, and unfortunately you will have to clean your server by hand or using an extension like Image Clean.

Thank you very much man
The Image clean extension works great

Marcel

Magento Community
Magento Community

mserbanoiu

Hi, please I need one more advice
I have a .csv to import configurable and associated simple products.
The import goes well no error.\\

The products are all well imported in the database, in the back-end everything is fine without simple products association with configurable.

In the create new products and update existing mode the associated products are not shown,
but if using the same .csv file when I run it again in update existing items and skip news ones mode the associated file are shown in the magento backend,

Please advice because I want to use in the add new items and update existing mode because in the same .csv I update quantities, add news items and also delete products.

Also inform me if this is just a behavior that anybody else observe it.

If needed I will atach a sample from my file but the file is ok I have the required fileds like.
\"store\”,\"attribute_set\”,\"type\”,\"sku\”,\"websites\", \"configurable_attributes\", \"simples_skus\"

Thank you for your help,
Marcel

Magento Community
Magento Community

zuiko
Guru

Total Posts:  304
Nantes France

mserbanoiu - 30 August 2012 11:46 PM

Also inform me if this is just a behavior that anybody else observe it.

No, it’s not a normal behavior and I never saw it with my settings.

mserbanoiu - 30 August 2012 11:46 PM

If needed I will atach a sample from my file but the file is ok I have the required fileds like.
\"store\”,\"attribute_set\”,\"type\”,\"sku\”,\"websites\", \"configurable_attributes\", \"simples_skus\"

One remark: your csv encoding is quite complicated (why all these \ ?) but if Magento settings are OK, why not…
Whithout a complete configurable csv example it’s impossible to analyse but simples_skus is not necessary if csv is constituted with the simples first and finally the configurable and the plugin settings initialized accordingly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oboyle

Total Posts:  13

mserbanoiu

Give me a PM and I will help you (pe romaneste)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

Hi Dweeves,

I’m running into an issue with different Websites, they all seem to be ignored and products are inserted in all available Websites, instead of the \’right \’one. I tried several ways, here\’s a report on my import tryouts:

sku    store    websites
8712XBL3M1    admin    directc_nl
8712XBL12M1    admin    directc_nl
40012XBL3M1    admin    codes_de
40012XBL12M1    admin    codes_de

This results in an output like:

sku    store    websites
"8712XBL3M1","admin","directc_nl,codes_de"
"8712XBL12M1"
,"admin","directc_nl,codes_de"
"40012XBL3M1"
"40012XBL12M1"

Unfortunately the Websites field is being ignored, sort of.
I tried using the codes for the store as well, obviously that works right.

From your Wiki, i studied this:

Multiple Store roots management

The plugin will try to detect on which root(s) to create the categories listed in the item line.

if store column is set with non admin:
will create categories under each root of listed stores
if websites column is set to non admin & store is only admin:
will create categories for each root of main stores of the listed websites

That also works well, but it would be great if we can keep using Admin as the store field, and websites as the allocator for products to the right website.

Is this a bug? Do I understand it wrong? Or do i just need to use the workaround and stop whinig;-)?

Please advise.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

Total Posts:  297

I’m testing a 2 language magento website.

I have set 1 Website, 1 Store, 2 Store views (1 per each language).

What is the “correct” method to import this kind of situation with magmi?

I have to make 2 .csv?
I have to make 1 .csv with different values for the column “store” and insert before one store then the other?
I have to use “admin” as “store” value?
I have to insert all columns on one language and less columns on the other language?

Any help is appreciated smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

shmk - 06 September 2012 06:53 AM

I’m testing a 2 language magento website.

I have set 1 Website, 1 Store, 2 Store views (1 per each language).

What is the “correct” method to import this kind of situation with magmi?

I have to make 2 .csv?
I have to make 1 .csv with different values for the column “store” and insert before one store then the other?
I have to use “admin” as “store” value?
I have to insert all columns on one language and less columns on the other language?

Any help is appreciated smile

Sample (untested)
sku,store,attribute_set,type,name,description....
132, “store1code”,yours,simple,lang1name,lang1descr.....
132, “store2code”,yours,simple,lang2name,lang2descr.....

Edit:
I have been testing thisd for a long time and the above does not work well if your stores/storeviews share a website. When you do the above, ALL categories from ALL storeviews will be created under each store root category. This is too bad as it defeats the purpuse of what it is supposed to be.

I think this is a bug, it should only put the categories from the products into the right ROOT category provided in manage store fields. We have been having issues with this for months.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community