Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

simonstone

Total Posts:  11

Hi all

Having an issue using REGEX in the product relater and cross-sell/upsell plugins. My SKU’s are sonething like this:

BCS/P/D/004/24/AL

Where BCS refers to the type of product, and AL refers to a configurable option. Therefore, the configurable version of the simple product above will be:

BCS/P/D/004/24

Now, I want to relate (and cross/up sell) products within the BCS range with each other - but NOT the simple variants (for some reason, even though the simples are set as ‘not visible individually’, they still show as relates and cross/upsell products). So, I figured I would have to run 2 passes with the CSV file - one to associate all the products and simples, and one to un-associate the simples (I have MANY variants for the configurables so it is unmanageable to list just the ones I want related in the ‘re_skus’, ‘cs_skus’, and ‘us_skus’ columns). So, my two CSV files have the appropriate columns set as something like this:

file 1: Sets the associations - simple variants included:

re::BCS/.*

This works as expected - so the products end up with all the variants within a range related. So, then I run a second script with the following set, to remove the associations with the variants:

-re::BCS/.*./AL

However, instead of removing just the simple SKU detailed above, it removes ALL associations.... (I have also tried the following regex: -re::BCS/.*/AL)

Not what I want at all!

Any suggestions where I am going wrong??

Simon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ecitron

Total Posts:  19

Bug report

Hi Dweeves,

As discussed here with Zuiko on the Fragento forum : Fragento

Magmi doesnt handle global attributes when using the syntax storeval::[adminval], so it creates separate values, not translated values.

When debugging, on line ~481, magmi allways enter the if(storeId==0) (admin store), so for him, there is no other stores than the admin one. On the DB, storeIds are always the same.

I’ll try to give you more info on that during the day as I am testing a temporary workaround to get it work for us, waiting for you to investigate for a permanent fix.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentosuccess

Total Posts:  18

I just uploaded this script to another server and for some reason when I save the following under CSV options
CSV separator: | and the CSV Enclosure:”

It comes back as:
CSV separator: | and the CSV Enclosure: \”

So I tried re-entering CSV separator: | and the CSV Enclosure:” .....................but it just keeps saving as above, and when I delete the fields to leave them blank it comes blank so it’s obviously saving.

I’ve never experienced this before with Magami or any other server, is there something that is missing permissions perhaps or a file that I need to change for this unique situation?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@magentosuccess

i think the magic_quotes_gpc setting is On on the server but magmi requires this setting to be set to Off.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentosuccess

Total Posts:  18

I checked the .htaccess in the root and it’s set to off

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

Any other suggestions you might have? Thanks for the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RuiMigDias

Total Posts:  118

A product’s price is 124.85, but if I select a size, it changes to 124.84. Does anyone have a clue why this happens?

The configurable product’s base price is 101.50 and the VAT is 23%. This equals 124.845… What’s happening?

Simple’s price is set to “0” in super product attributes configuration. I’m assuming the simple product’s prices are irrelevant…

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@RuiMigDias
it’s surely a rounding issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RuiMigDias

dweeves - 17 July 2012 11:20 PM

@RuiMigDias
it’s surely a rounding issue.

I agree, but where? And how do I fix it? :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

c_hu

Total Posts:  7

Hey,
Does someone know a solution to this problem:
Import works fine, but all imported products have Position ‘0’ under category products and thus dont show up in the front end.
Is there a column in the csv I can add like position 1 or something like that ? Dont know what Im doing wrong

Edit: reindexing did the trick… although products are still listed with position 0, which apparently doesnt matter for frontend visibility

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

After some busy months , magmi has a new bugfix release available here (as usual)

The extra plugin package has also been updated here

Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------
- RELEASE NOTES FOR MAGMI 0.7.17a -
-------------------------------------------------
#################################################
# Bugfixes

- better dir policy for engines in cli script
- fixed getMagentoVersion() bug

# UI
- added donation link
- fixed some headers
- added 1.7.x option (no real effect since magmi already compatible)

Enhanced Plugins : Extra package (to download separately)
---------------------------------------------------------
- added support for configurable/virtual association
- fixed multisite support for tier pricing

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rolando Guedes

Total Posts:  1

hi.

How can i include magmi in Magento Adminhtml?

Magento Community
Magento Community

teckpoh

Total Posts:  5

hi all after producted import via magmi, my product not shown in home page. i hv to manually go to manage product then choose product and update attribute by selecting ‘add to website’ checkbox only it appear at home page. please advise tqqq

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavorNo

Total Posts:  21

Hi,

I have one old question, till now without answer. I really need to protect magmi access with login and password. I try with htaccess and htpasswds in magmi dir, but I only receive error 404 from Magento. If I remove htaccess, I got access to magmi,php without error. How to setup login for adress www.domain.com/magmi/web/magmi.php?

Do I need to setup htaccess in magento root dir? If I do, what to edit?

Regards,
DavorNo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RuiMigDias

DavorNo - 01 August 2012 06:27 AM

Hi,

I have one old question, till now without answer. I really need to protect magmi access with login and password. I try with htaccess and htpasswds in magmi dir, but I only receive error 404 from Magento. If I remove htaccess, I got access to magmi,php without error. How to setup login for adress www.domain.com/magmi/web/magmi.php?

Regards,
DavorNo.

I put mine in /magento/magmi/.htaccess

AuthUserFile /home/website/pwd
AuthName 
"Please login" 
AuthType Basic 
require valid-user

my pwd file:

wsabstract:y4E7Ep8e7EYV

You are probably having a permissions issue within magmi’s folders. You should check that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavorNo

Total Posts:  21

RuiMigDias - 02 August 2012 01:15 AM

DavorNo - 01 August 2012 06:27 AM
Hi,

Regards,
DavorNo.

I put mine in /magento/magmi/.htaccess

AuthUserFile /home/website/pwd
AuthName 
"Please login" 
AuthType Basic 
require valid-user

my pwd file:

wsabstract:y4E7Ep8e7EYV

You are probably having a permissions issue within magmi’s folders. You should check that.

Hmmm… Tnx for replay. I put on magmi dir and all subdir permission on 777 (only dir not files). I have setup htaccess like yours (in magmi dir) but I still got error 404 when I try to open www.domain.com/magmi/ and www.domain.com/magmi/web/ and www.domain.com/magmi/web/magmi.php?!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community