Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

stereoworld

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,

Magmi’s working great atm, but I’m having some issues when uploading multiple images to a product.

Practically, each record is the same - base image, small image and thumbnail all have the same value, albeit the image is a different size.

I have to export all my images from another server, so the image downloader is what I use.

The result is attached. I’m getting really frustrated as there really is no reason why this oughta be happening.

On some products, the Base Image is not selected. On others, the base image is always selected. In all instances however, the thumbnail doesn’t get uploaded. It’s really weird.

Thanks,
Tom

Image Attachments
magmiwhat.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RuiMigDias

Total Posts:  118

I have the on the fly indexer active. After importing I reindex catalog_product_price and catalog_product_flat since both features are active. For some reason I can’t find the products when I search for the reference. I can only see them after I open them in the back-office and save them. I’m guessing this means it’s an index issue. I’ve reindexed catalogsearch_fulltext, but it didn’t work…

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavorNo

Total Posts:  21

RuiMigDias - 02 August 2012 04:54 AM

DavorNo - 02 August 2012 02:21 AM

Hmmm… Tnx for replay. I put on magmi dir and all subdir permission on 777 (only dir not files). I have setup htaccess like yours (in magmi dir) but I still got error 404 when I try to open www.domain.com/magmi/ and www.domain.com/magmi/web/ and www.domain.com/magmi/web/magmi.php?!

I would copy magmi again. Do it via FTP. You can use a new folder to test ("magmi2").

magmi2/conf , magmi2/state must be writeable..

edit: I’m sorry, I just saw that you have normal access to magmi without the htaccess file. That means it’s not a file permissions issue.... unless it’s with the htaccess file itself. Try chance it’s permissions to 644.

I try to change permissions on dirs and files, only with 755 I get access to magmi.php, all other values I got error 404 page. And with permission set to 755, when I back htaccess in magmi/web, again I get error 404. My root htaccess have no changes, and I use magento 1.6.1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stereoworld

Dweeves…

Can I ask you a favour - Can you make a small change to the wiki documentation, to save a lot of time?

For anyone using Remote Image Support in the media gallery - in the Wiki Documentation it says the following:

...,image,media_gallery,....
....,http://someexternalserver.com/img/myimage.jpg,http://someexternalserver.com/img/extraimage1.jpg::myextralabel,....

When infact, you should be using semi-colons and not commas as suggested here, to seperate the images out.

Please update this as I don’t want any other poor souls scratching their head for 2 days working out why it won’t work!!!!

Thanks,
Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@stereoworld : done, thanks for spotting the mistake.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stereoworld

dweeves - 03 August 2012 07:03 AM

@stereoworld : done, thanks for spotting the mistake.

No probs mate smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

JerseyBoy

Total Posts:  14

I’ve imported 10k products with Magmi but the categories are not linked to the products.
I used the category name extension, so the categories appear and in the admin the categories show X# of products, but the frontend won’t display them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

wizer

Total Posts:  20

Hi

When I try to import files, it tells me it was successful and 38/38 but I don’t see the products on the front or back end.  I’ve re-indexed and cleared cache, but the products are not there. 

Is there something obvious this might be?  Where in the database to I look to check if the products are actually there somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Magento 1.7
Magmi v0.7.17a

Magento Community
Magento Community

ososoft

Total Posts:  4

Hello, I’m probrando MAGMI and is amazing, I even made a donation!

But I can not create an item in the store that I say to csv, I always create the item in every store, I think that is why not use either csv, but I’ve done every test possible and not consiguo, I can do wrong?

This csv:

“store” “sku” “ name” “category_ids” “manufacturer” “status” “tax_class_id” “price” “cost” “pro” “alm” “may” “qty” “is_in_stock”
“admin,dieltroncom” “NUBI4” “Tablet Android 7in nubi4 SpcInternet” “537” “SpcInternet” “1” “IVA18” 84.66 62.88 78.60 75.00 75.00 0 “1”

Create the article in the shops “dieltroncom” and “dieltrones” but only “dieltroncom” I’ve tried multiple variations always with the same result.

Help, please

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoBro

Total Posts:  2

JerseyBoy - 03 August 2012 10:59 AM

I’ve imported 10k products with Magmi but the categories are not linked to the products.
I used the category name extension, so the categories appear and in the admin the categories show X# of products, but the frontend won’t display them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris

Check in admin to make sure the status is set to “enabled” and visibility should be at least “catalog”

wizer - 05 August 2012 05:13 AM

Hi

When I try to import files, it tells me it was successful and 38/38 but I don’t see the products on the front or back end.  I’ve re-indexed and cleared cache, but the products are not there. 

Is there something obvious this might be?  Where in the database to I look to check if the products are actually there somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Magento 1.7
Magmi v0.7.17a

go to admin panel, catalog > manage products. Do they show up there? If so check what I said above (status and visibility)

Magento Community
Magento Community

wizer

Total Posts:  20

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

No I do not see them at all on the back end.  Nothing.  I’ve tried all types of searches.  The number of products does not increase, even though Magmi says 38/39 Imported.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@ososoft

are your 2 stores under the same website ?

if yes : in magento, product is bound to a website (not a single store)

if you want it not to appear in a given store (under same website) , the most efficient way is :
- create a second csv with just product sku & status column (set to disabled)
- run magmi in “update” mode

the product will be disabled for this store.

if no : this might be a bug, but first time it is reported.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

Hi All,

Just want to try again since my original request got lost on a load of other replies.

Basically, I’m uploading images and multiple images perfectly. Everything’s great except on some products, the Base Image is sometimes not set. The same happens with the thumbnail sometimes. The only consistent one is the small image.

It’s too inconsistent to point out a problem. Sometimes it’s one, sometimes it’s the other.

I can’t work out why it does it. I use the remote downloader, as it’s a massive load off my server.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Is there a way I can set it in the actual magento database itself?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

tomharding - 06 August 2012 01:06 AM

Hi All,

Just want to try again since my original request got lost on a load of other replies.

Basically, I’m uploading images and multiple images perfectly. Everything’s great except on some products, the Base Image is sometimes not set. The same happens with the thumbnail sometimes. The only consistent one is the small image.

It’s too inconsistent to point out a problem. Sometimes it’s one, sometimes it’s the other.

I can’t work out why it does it. I use the remote downloader, as it’s a massive load off my server.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Is there a way I can set it in the actual magento database itself?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Worked it out.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v/viewthread/222593/#t307804

There’s a direct SQL query here you can use to achieve this.

Maybe one day this could be incorporated into Magmi? Don’t know how tough that will be, but it would be awesome if there was a way to include this in my daily upload.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavorNo

Total Posts:  21

DavorNo - 02 August 2012 11:13 AM

RuiMigDias - 02 August 2012 04:54 AM
DavorNo - 02 August 2012 02:21 AM

Hmmm… Tnx for replay. I put on magmi dir and all subdir permission on 777 (only dir not files). I have setup htaccess like yours (in magmi dir) but I still got error 404 when I try to open www.domain.com/magmi/ and www.domain.com/magmi/web/ and www.domain.com/magmi/web/magmi.php?!

I would copy magmi again. Do it via FTP. You can use a new folder to test ("magmi2").

magmi2/conf , magmi2/state must be writeable..

edit: I’m sorry, I just saw that you have normal access to magmi without the htaccess file. That means it’s not a file permissions issue.... unless it’s with the htaccess file itself. Try chance it’s permissions to 644.

I try to change permissions on dirs and files, only with 755 I get access to magmi.php, all other values I got error 404 page. And with permission set to 755, when I back htaccess in magmi/web, again I get error 404. My root htaccess have no changes, and I use magento 1.6.1.0.

Solution is to put:

ErrorDocument 401 “Unauthorized access”

in htaccess of magmi dir. Tnx for effort, and I hope this will help to others with similar problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community