Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

RuiMigDias

Total Posts:  118

fritzelly - 02 July 2012 05:41 AM

I was hoping to do it on one line, cannot see a way to do it. Using a comma seperator doesn’t work, semi colon is used for multiple categories per store.
Will just have to duplicate the product.

different parameters for different stores mean different lines…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

in fact magmi also supports “explicit root assignment” for multiple stores.

i explain

say you have store1 with root cat name “rootcat1”
and store2 with root cat name “rootcat2”

you can say in your csv

sku,store,categories
"00001","store1,store2","[rootcat1]/subcat1_store1/subcat2_store1;;[rootcat2]/subcat1_store2/subcat2_store2"

Magento Community
Magento Community

RuiMigDias

Total Posts:  118

dweeves - 02 July 2012 09:42 AM

in fact magmi also supports “explicit root assignment” for multiple stores.

i explain

say you have store1 with root cat name “rootcat1”
and store2 with root cat name “rootcat2”

you can say in your csv

sku,store,categories
"00001","store1,store2","[rootcat1]/subcat1_store1/subcat2_store1;;[rootcat2]/subcat1_store2/subcat2_store2"

There you have it. Not only I’m not helping, I’m giving false information. I think I’ll stop and leave it to the pros. Sorry :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@RuiMigDias

Your help is welcome, i cannot answer all questions wink , and for this one, the wiki is outdated , so had no way finding the solution unless looking at the code !

Magento Community
Magento Community

mengqing

Total Posts:  10

RuiMigDias - 02 July 2012 05:43 AM

mengqing - 02 July 2012 05:35 AM
Hi all

Is it possible to set different pricing per website?

Yes, with one limitation if you use super_attribute_pricing. See my posts from a couple of pages back.

Hi, I’ve looked a few pages back and saw your post about the super_attribute_pricing, but I couldn’t understand what it actually mean.

I’m specifically looking at the Datadump API where I can do

$item = array(

'sku' => '1',

'store' => 'store1,store2',

'price' => '10,20'
    'name' 
=> 'test'
);

But this doesn’t seem to be working. I had to set the price for store1, save the item, then set price for store2 then save. Seems like duplicating. Is there any way of doing this in one loop?

And would you be able to explain to me about this super_attribute_pricing??

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

fritzelly

Total Posts:  53

Thanks dweeves, will give a swirl tomorrow.  Makes it much easier this way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mengqing

Also, when importing products via csv or API, does magmi trigger Observer events? in particular the cataloginventory_stock_item_save_after events.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mengqing

Hi all,

I’ve just encountered another issue. When I tried with Datapump API to import simple+configurable products, an error page shown with the error of SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘cat_index_position’ in ‘order clause’

I have CE 1.7.0.0, and I tried with CSV and it is still not working

Anyone have any insights?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

mengqing - 02 July 2012 06:30 PM

Also, when importing products via csv or API, does magmi trigger Observer events? in particular the cataloginventory_stock_item_save_after events.

Cheers.

No , magmi does not call magento code at any time, does not share any code with magento. it’s been done “on purpose”.
Magento Events are unpredictable in terms of time (in fact, that’s what takes the most time in the magento standard import)
you could call the observer in your script if you want since you use Datapump API.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fritzelly

Dweeves,
I tried the method you said and I it added both categories to the root of each store, it didn’t seem to notice that the root was already in the columns category path
Do you actually have to add the square brackets?
Tried it with and without and didn’t make any difference.

An update, think I had an old plugin but now I get for the multi store
Cannot find site root with name : Store_1]/Treats/Chocolate;;[Store_2

and for the single store
Cannot find site root with name : Store_1

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

I’m having an annoying problem with the permissions and I’m finding it hard to find the solutions.

I’ve managed to set the error reporting to 0 in the head.php file, but I still get session errors when I’m trying to process the thing.

It’s really annoying because i’m getting magmi errors (I’m trying to import some images using the attribute thing) and I can’t see them, because all I see is what’s in the attached image.

The errors are:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_cc6d42ab5625dcff9bb0df19c3e37dd2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /####/magmi/web/magmi_progress.php on line 32

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /####//magmi/web/magmi_progress.php:32) in //####/magmi/web/magmi_progress.php on line 32

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/tmp/sess_cc6d42ab5625dcff9bb0df19c3e37dd2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in //####//magmi/web/magmi_progress.php on line 35

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in //####//magmi/web/magmi_progress.php on line 35

Cheers,
Tom

Image Attachments
argh-magmi.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomharding

Total Posts:  63

Right, must be a server thing. I utilized the ‘session_save_path’ function and defined my own writeable directory.

I don’t get why this is happening to only magmi as I’ve got a whole functioning magento store in the same folder!

Anyway, that seemed to sort it for me grin

Thanks,
Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecitron

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

I have a problem when using Magmi for configurable product. I handle 2 languages : french (admin), and english.
I use a dropdown attribute called “choix”, and I am trying to use this method to handle proper translation of values:

My attribute is set to global, required.

French(admin) - create mode-

"store","attribute_set","sku","choix"
"admin"
,"test3","sku001","admival1"
"admin"
,"test3","sku002","admival2"
"admin"
,"test3","sku003","admival3"

English - update mode-

"store","attribute_set","sku","choix"
"en"
,"test3","sku001","store1val1::[adminval1]"
"en"
,"test3","sku002","store1val2::[adminval2]"
"en"
,"test3","sku003","store1val3::[adminval2]"

Magmi doesnt seems to recognize this as a single value translated. It creates 6 independent values instead.

The question is: does this methods can handle configurable attributes / dropdown ?

If no, how can I get the translation done with Magmi?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

fritzelly

Got it working with a single root category, it was only when I went to store view that I saw the root category was still set as Default Category, even though I changed it all All Store Views
Still not working with multi root categories, the regex does not match properly where you have two root categories or should these be already split by the ;; when it enters that function?

Magento Community
Magento Community

simonstone

Total Posts:  11

Hi all

Having an issue using REGEX in the product relater and cross-sell/upsell plugins. My SKU’s are sonething like this:

BCS/P/D/004/24/AL

Where BCS refers to the type of product, and AL refers to a configurable option. Therefore, the configurable version of the simple product above will be:

BCS/P/D/004/24

Now, I want to relate (and cross/up sell) products within the BCS range with each other - but NOT the simple variants (for some reason, even though the simples are set as ‘not visible individually’, they still show as relates and cross/upsell products). So, I figured I would have to run 2 passes with the CSV file - one to associate all the products and simples, and one to un-associate the simples (I have MANY variants for the configurables so it is unmanageable to list just the ones I want related in the ‘re_skus’, ‘cs_skus’, and ‘us_skus’ columns). So, my two CSV files have the appropriate columns set as something like this:

file 1: Sets the associations - simple variants included:

re::BCS/.*

This works as expected - so the products end up with all the variants within a range related. So, then I run a second script with the following set, to remove the associations with the variants:

-re::BCS/.*./AL

However, instead of removing just the simple SKU detailed above, it removes ALL associations.... (I have also tried the following regex: -re::BCS/.*/AL)

Not what I want at all!

Any suggestions where I am going wrong??

Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community