Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

WotWorkz

Total Posts:  4

I’m having a bit of trouble with securing Magmi.  I\\\’ve tried password protecting the Magmi directory but when I go to http://www.mysite.com.au/magmi/web/magmi.php that just gives me a 404 error from Magento.  What am I doing wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

safisch

Total Posts:  24

What directory permissions do I need to have on my Media directory.  I had Magmi working find and my Host went in and changed my permissions and now I get this error:

Image attributes processor v1.0.18 - error copying ../../media/catalog/product/c/r/crospiccp394rg.jpg : 2,copy(../../media/catalog/product/c/r/crospiccp394rg.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied

Aslo, where is the profile saved because since they changed my permissions, I can’t save my default profile.

Thanx

Magento Community
Magento Community

WotWorkz

Total Posts:  4

@safisch This works a treat!!

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/maintenance_script

Edit.

Sorry wrong one!!  That one is a good maintenance script to run from your cron etc but this is the one you want to clean up permissions etc.!!  smile

http://www.techego.com/download/item/magento-cleanup-tool

Magento Community
Magento Community

gmolittieri

Total Posts:  3

Getting the following error:

1 SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - INSERT INTO catalog_product_entity_int
(`entity_type_id`, `attribute_id`, `store_id`, `entity_id`, `value`)
VALUES (?,?,?,?,?),(?,?,?,?,?),(?,?,?,?,?),(?,?,?,?,?),(?,?,?,?,?),(?,?,?,?,?),(?,?,?,?,?),(?,?,?,?,?) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `value`=VALUES(`value`)

-----EDIT: Above error fixed by re-running profile

After a successful import, products do not show up in backend or frontend. I have tried clearing the cache and indexing.

csv attached, help please!

File Attachments
electronics1.csv.zip  (File Size: 446KB - Downloads: 46)

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

This csv is not in the right format.

as said in the CSV datasource plugin documentation & even in plugin conifguration panel header :

Use Dataflow csv format NOT importexport csv format

so, create a dataflow export format & magmi should be able to import it without any problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sulman

Total Posts:  72

There doesn’t seem to be a way to search this thread so I’ll post here and see if anyone can point me in the right direction:

I’m using the Image attributes processor to import my images with my products. (Magmi version 0.7.8, Image attributes processor v1.0.17a).
Everything imports correctly (images are imported to their correct products) but the images are not assigned to base image, small image, thumbnail etc. (store view)

The columns I’m using in the csv are ‘image’, ‘small_image’ and ‘thumbnail’.

It’s probably me being stupid but does anyone see my mistake?

[Edit]. I also can’t get it to update existing items? I have the mode set to create but it will not import my changes. (if I delete the product and run it again it correctly imports it with the new changes) ?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

laccas

Total Posts:  39

The image import is working for me. What is your csv?

Magento Community
Magento Community

laccas

dweeves - 05 December 2011 12:37 AM

@laccas

1) Since your csv had _ in the headers of your csv, i suppose the format is not really the one magmi expects , but near enough to work.

Then what is the correct format? I use dataflow format, but why is _ a problem?

dweeves - 05 December 2011 12:37 AM

@laccas
3) For the visibility & status, and as said in the magmi wiki , ensure you use the ”Generic mapper” plugin and that you have made the necessary translation files for it if your data is not in english (which seems to be the case).

I don’t understand the mapper plugin, why it is good? The importer is great, but the documentation is lack some information.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dev18

Total Posts:  21

I am importing products with images. Sometimes image is removed from product, but for some reason magento still thinks that product has image, even it has been removed. How can I remove images from product with magmi?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sulman

Total Posts:  72

sulman - 13 December 2011 11:50 PM

There doesn’t seem to be a way to search this thread so I’ll post here and see if anyone can point me in the right direction:

I’m using the Image attributes processor to import my images with my products. (Magmi version 0.7.8, Image attributes processor v1.0.17a).
Everything imports correctly (images are imported to their correct products) but the images are not assigned to base image, small image, thumbnail etc. (store view)

The columns I’m using in the csv are ‘image’, ‘small_image’ and ‘thumbnail’.

It’s probably me being stupid but does anyone see my mistake?

[Edit]. I also can’t get it to update existing items? I have the mode set to create but it will not import my changes. (if I delete the product and run it again it correctly imports it with the new changes) ?

Thanks

Ok so for me it appears that the paths to the csv and my magento installs were a little off. Well sort of:

I had to put the absolute path in for “Filesystem Path”, “CSVs base directory” & “Read local images from” (Image attributes processor). But not only this I had to ensure the path begins with a forward slash.
e.g.:
var/www/html/magento does not work.
/var/www/html/magento DOES work.

It’s probably documented somewhere but I couldn’t find it.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexft12

Total Posts:  3

Hey folks,

I created CVS file in Excel, even saved in notepad as UTF-8. When i run profile error message comes cannot create product sku:, no attribute_set defined. Message comes for all lines.

What should be done to enable magmi to work in this case?

Attached is CVS file.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

File Attachments
magmi test.zip  (File Size: 6KB - Downloads: 64)

Magento Community
Magento Community

zuiko
Guru

Total Posts:  304
Nantes France

@alexft12
Of course your attribute_set (Cell Phones, Computer, Shoes, Shirts T) have all been defined before the import process with Magmi ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rmagent

Total Posts:  9

if a product urlkey is updated, is there any way to have the old URL redirect to the new one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

laccas

Yes, you need to define your attribute set.

alexft12 - 17 December 2011 01:15 AM

Hey folks,

I created CVS file in Excel, even saved in notepad as UTF-8. When i run profile error message comes cannot create product sku:, no attribute_set defined. Message comes for all lines.

What should be done to enable magmi to work in this case?

Attached is CVS file.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laccas

I realized, that the plugin had issues with utf8 characters. The imported file encoded correctly in utf-8, but after import if the first character of the category is Ó, or Ő, or Å°, or Ú, then it not display. I looked at the database, but it’s not visible, too. If i set up the category correctly with the needed characters in admin, then it will shows correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community