Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

sure24

Total Posts:  18

Looking for some help please…

* I have multiple websites (4 in total) with a single store view each.
* Each store_view has its own root catalog.
* Every product is a simple product but some of them have tier pricing.

I am using Magmi on the cli with 5 different CSV files (admin, storeA, storeB, storeC, storeD), imported in that order. (admin and storeA will share the same values)

My problem is that Magmi is importing almost everything correctly but messing up my pricing between the sites.

Basically the price for the last store imported (storeD) is being set as the default value (admin) for all sites. Also, tier_pricing is showing on all sites apart from storeA.

In the CSV files, i have the following columns (some non-important ones removed for clarity):

skustore_idstorewebsitestypecategory_idspricetier_price:siteAtier_price:siteBtier_price:siteCtier_price:siteD,....

I have checked the store_id’s for each CSV (admin = 0, storeA = 1, storeA = 2, storeA = 4, storeA = 5… yes 3 is supposed to be missed) and they are all correct.

I have checked the store titles for each CSV and they all specify a valid and correct store_view name.

Websites column lists all websites in admin csv, and only specifies the current website when specified in storeA-D CSVs.

Tier pricing is actually getting imported OK, it’s just not showing up for storeA… although I can clearly see it is assigned to the product when in the administration area.

I have Googled and read forums for days now and I cannot find any information regarding multiple-website pricing imports and I am pulling my hair out here so any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Update:

It turns out that the Tier prices that were not showing in storeA is because the tier prices only show when user is logged in. (storeA is our retail outlet so all products are visible whereas B,C and D are closed to public).

Magmi imports the Tier prices like:

All websitesCustomer GroupQtyPrice

I need to import the tier prices like:

Specific WebsiteALL GROUPSQtyPrice

Also, If I use the same CSVs in dataflow after the Magmi import, the prices are all correct per store but this defeats the point of using Magmi in the first place as the dataflow import is sooo sloooow.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

You’re right, tier price importer was oriented for importing tier prices per “customer group”, not “per website”.
I’ll investigate the tier price plugin ASAP to provide the import mode you need.
It won’t be difficult to achieve but only need to find time for it. (perhaps next week)

Magento Community
Magento Community

sure24

Any help would be great…

I have written a script to update the prices via the SOAP API (because I need to automate the whole process) but it is very slow as you know and I have to maintain several websites… smile

Thank you.

Dave

Update:

Upon testing the ‘simple’ SOAP API script to update prices doesn’t seem to be actually changing them (after letting it run through a lot of products). Code looks fine, its just an adapted version of the SOAP API Tier Price update code found laying round the net. Back to the drawing board (or wait for an update to Magmi)… wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@sure24

look at the tier price importer plugin code line 90-92.

//it seems that magento cannot handle correctly "per website" tier price , so force it to "default"
//$wsids=$this->getItemWebsites($item);
$wsids=array(0);

To have it support “per website” tier price, comment line 92 (putting // before) & uncomment line 91 (removing the 2 leading //)

then tell me if it works on your magento install

for the tier price,the second part after the colon in the column name is the “USER GROUP” name.
if you want to set the tier price for all user groups just:
- put _all_ instead of your store name
- use one line per website instead of using columns of the csv.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sugos

Total Posts:  10

After Product creation / update I cannot save Product in Magento backend (and also via API) - timeout. Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikehyde

Total Posts:  5

Hello

I am new to Magmi, and am just discovering how awesome it is - very nice work, this is the missing piece for Magento in the real world!

Quick question, and apologies if this is already answered elsewhere:

I am importing categories using the on the fly category creator.  Some of my category names have an apostrophe inside like this:
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

These categories are getting split at the apostrophe so I am seeing a category being created just called:
Alice

I can create the categories with apostrophes via the admin interface, so is there a way to escape these characters when importing with Magmi?

Thanks a lot
Mike

UPDATE
It’s not just the category names - I am actually seeing the same effect on various fields including Product Name.  If you change it in the admin area and then re-export products, the generated csv file includes the apostrophes in the right places, so it seems to be just the import process which is struggling with this.

Running Magmi 7.14a and Magento 1.5.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@mikehyde

make sure your CSV is encoded in UTF-8 ,it\’s surely the cause of your problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PuxaTino

Total Posts:  27

Hi dweeves, great great job on this aplication… works quick and nice
I need to do some complex importation on Tier Pricis and I really dnt want to mess it all up…

I need to import Tier Prices which vary depending on the Customer Groups, as well, on the Store views..

So let´s say I have for sku “xxxx”: 
- On Store A site, for group1=10, for group2=20, for group3=30
- On Store B site, for group1=15, for group2=25, for group3=35
and so on…

is this possible?
If so… Could you tell me the right sintax for this? I´m just a bit lost… I cant figure out how to put it and I dnt want want to break anything…

Really appreciate it

many thanx

Tino

Magento Community
Magento Community

sure24

Hi dweeves,

Many thanks for your fast response!

I have made the changes as suggested but its not working for me.

What happens is:

* I changed the lines as requested.
* I imported everything again with original CSVs (tier_price:GROUP_NAME) as several columns in admin values CSV
* Upon inspection, there was duplicates of the tier pricing for each site

For example:

StoreAGroupAPrice
StoreA
GroupAQtyPrice
StoreA
GroupBQtyPrice
StoreA
GroupBQtyPrice
StoreA
GroupCQtyPrice
StoreA
GroupCQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupAQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupAQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupBQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupBQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupCQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupCQtyPrice
etc...

What should have actually been:

StoreAGroupAPrice
StoreA
GroupAQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupBQtyPrice
StoreB
GroupBQtyPrice
StoreC
GroupCQtyPrice
StoreC
GroupCQtyPrice

I then deleted all products from Magento DB and re-imported using your suggestion where the tier_price was imported per website as separate lines (I actually used separate CSVs) and now I get no tier_pricing at all.

Any ideas?

Update:

I had forgot to enable Tier_Price import plugin for other CSV’s..  I have done so now and currently testing import. will let you know how I get one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@sure24

website<>store.
you should put the correct website code inside the websites column of the csv that magmi ingests.

some sample csv mockups for that

UPDATED MOCKUPS, SYNTAX WAS WRONG, DO NOT USE QTY COLUMN FOR QTY RELATED TIER PRICE

"websites","store","tier_price:_all_"
"websitecodeA"
,"storeA","5:10.00;25:9.00;100:8.00"

"websites","store","tier_price:_all_"
"websitecodeB"
,"storeB","5:12.00;25:11.00;100:10.00"

Magento Community
Magento Community

sure24

Yes, it’s working!

Thank you dweeves…

I had another problem where related, cross and up-sells were not importing but from looking at the MySQL error generated it appears that you must specify a website_id for each sku so I am making those changes to my script now and about to test.

Thanks again for your help… much appreciated!

Update:

Yup, adding the column ‘websites’ and specifying all website names (comma separated) worked. Import of related, up-sells and cross-sells is now working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

sure24 - 03 October 2011 04:46 AM

Yes, it’s working!

Thank you dweeves…

I had another problem where related, cross and up-sells were not importing but from looking at the MySQL error generated it appears that you must specify a website_id for each sku so I am making those changes to my script now and about to test.

Thanks again for your help… much appreciated!

You don’t have to set a website_id , in fact it’s calculated from websites column. the MySQL error reflects magmi internal requests, not strictly mapped to csv columns.
the good news is you don’t even have to touch the csv content.

Using default value setter or value replacer plugin, you can set the “websites” value once for all lines and this value will be applied as if it was a csv column.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sure24

Ah, just spotted your reply after I submitted my last post…

I have added the column now but I see what you mean by using the default value setter… I will change my implementation accordingly.

Thanks again for your speedy responses!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikehyde

Total Posts:  5

@ Dweeves
Yes! Perfect that fixed it.
Thanks a lot - still having fun exploring everything that this can do!

Cheers
Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

For all tier price users:
tier price plugin 0.0.7 out !!! (here as usual)

Restored support for multiple websites.

updated Plugin documentation : here

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community