Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

dimtank

Total Posts:  13

Hi everyone,

Thanks for Magmi it looks a very good piece of soft !

Is it possible to get some exemple of csv file which work ?
I am working with magento 1.5.1 and magmi v0.7.13

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phiber9

Total Posts:  41
Croatia

simon_greer - 26 August 2011 03:10 AM

I was recently forced to upgrade to 1.6, but am unable to use Magmi with it. I wondered if anyone had managed to get it working successully?

Many thanks

Simon

Works for me on 1.6

Magento Community
Magento Community

simik

Total Posts:  4

Can ‘auto create categories’ plugin include imported products into Root Category besides categories defined in “categories” column?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@simik

In fact, this plugin is used to “create/find categories” by full tree name & then auto assign item to the listed categories.
The root categories that are used to create/find categories by tree name are the ones that are used as root categories for the stores listed in column “store”
So, if you have some kind of root category that has no store affected to it,magmi would not be able to do it by name (since names require root,which requires store with that root category to be designed as base category insertion/finding)

So, 3 options for you:
- create a fake store that uses that “root” category (but beware, subcats will be created on the fly under that root)
- make this category a subcat of an existing store root but disabled.
- create another magmi profile, disable “on the fly category plugin” for that profile,use category_ids column to put this specific root category id in that column.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

To all,

Some time back on magmi, hope to have 0.7.14 out sometime soon.

Will include :
- image gallery fix
- product table columns support (like has_options, option_required)
- flexible stock table geometry support (will have full 1.6 compatibily from 1.4/1.5 dataflow exported files)

In the meantime, magmi is already compatible with 1.6 but if the input file is an old 1.4/1.5 full dataflow format , you should:

remove the following columns from the csv:
- stock_status_changed_automatically
- use_config_enable_qty_increments
or use value replacer to force these 2 columns value to: __MAGMI_IGNORE__ , then magmi will act as if those columns did not exist in csv.

In fact, the 1.6 cataloginventory_stock_item table has changed and those columns were removed. (since they store magento internal flags, they had no real added value nor represent any user controllable behaviour)

Magento Community
Magento Community

afmaury

Total Posts:  100

I came here to ask how Magmi handles importing quantity updates for configurable products. Then I saw the post above about these fields:

- stock_status_changed_automatically
- use_config_enable_qty_increments

Will those make it so the stock status will change?

We have a list of all products to import stocks. There are some configurable products on this as well since we just export all products from the store to create the file.

- If a configurable product has 0 available in all of the associated products, it should be set to out-of-stock.
- If it has 1+ available in all associated products, it should be set to in-stock

Right now, I can\’t get it to change unless I actually set the quantity of the configurable product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jaselibertas

Total Posts:  2

Hi dweeves,

Have some issues importing from Magmi.

Previously, I was using Magento 1.5.1, import was ok.
With the same settings, I tried to import to 1.6.0 and it came up with sku error.
“cannot create product sku:, no attribute_set defined”

Using Magmi v0.7.13, CSV Datasource (1.1.2) , On the fly category creator/importer (0.1.6), Standard Attribute Import (1.0.0)

Datasource was the exported datasource from Magento 1.6.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Hi All,

At last, magmi 0.7.14 is out !!! (here as usual)

of course, the extra plugin package has also been updated as well (here as usual)

Good Downloads !!!

Up to come:

Unleash the power of Datapump API in the wiki , i’ll write a detailed howto ASAP.

-------------------------------------------------
- RELEASE NOTES FOR MAGMI 0.7.14 -
-------------------------------------------------

###############################
# Magento 1.6 DB Support
- Used table reflection for stock & product tables columns.
magmi should be now agnostic to database fields removal/insertion into those tables.
- The statement above gives magmi “out of the box” 1.6.x compatibility wink
- This also means columns like “has_options” or “options_required” are now assignable by magmi out of specific plugin choices.

# Datapump API Improvement

- Added transaction support (as with standard engine)
- Added line number support to enable Import Limiter to be used in automated profile

# PLUGINS

- added some logging into Magmi Import Limiter when filtering using line numbers

NEW EXTRA PACKAGE AVAILABLE !!
- added ‘media_gallery’ to image plugin triggering fields
- fixed support for {{ }} inside datasource values (it may happen if you add some cms block enabled description)

Magento Community
Magento Community

sugos

Total Posts:  10

Remote image support

I use Image attributes processor (1.0.18) by Dweeves:

I cannot import remote images. Warning:

Image attributes processor v1.0.18 - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41W2VPljDHL.jpg not found, skipping image

The Image is available.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

Express Bugfix Release : 0.7.14a out!!! (here as usual)

This release fixes a very annoying bug in update mode when using partial data (like price update) on non simple product types.
The bug was that the product type was forced to “simple” if the “type” column was not in input data.

Sorry for not spotting earlier.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@sugos

Amazon image storage is not easy to describe.
In fact, the image may not be available at the first time it is accessed due to very dynamic storage structure on amazon backend.
Most browsers have advanced http request management that seem to accomodate well with this kind “not here yet” response.

Magmi “tests” for remote image existence using a HEAD http request , if the response code is not 200 , it considers the image is not available.
However, the latest image plugin (1.0.18) had a retry implemented for such cases but the error code tested after retry was the first one (which had failed since a retry occured)
So, i’ll provide a new 1.0.18a with the good “existence test retry” code in a few hours.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joepvanliempd

Total Posts:  4

First off, thank you *very much* for the excellent work you’ve put into this little app, it’s awesome and it’s saved me loads of time.

I’m having a problem with how Magmi treats updating products’ status when importing.
Basically my situation is like this: I run a daily update on a store (-mode=create, so it updates + creates new products), using CSV files that I generate from exports that are put out daily from a retail store’s POS system. I do not include the status column in these files.

What Magmi seems to do right now is:
- run the import, and set every single product’s status to ‘enabled’, new or existing. (I know I could use the Default Values, Generic Mapper or Value Replacer plugins to set them all to ‘disabled’, but that wouldn’t get me anywhere)

What I need it to do is:
- run the import, setting new products to DISABLED by default and DO NOT TOUCH a product’s status if it is merely being updated.

This is because we’re not importing any images, since pictures for the products haven’t all been made yet. We’d like to keep products that have no images disabled by default, so my idea is to create new products in a disabled state, then change them to enabled manually once pictures are added. Is this achievable using Magmi as it is right now, or would I need to modify it? Perhaps there is some feature that I’m overlooking in the Value Replacer plugin that allows different values to be set conditionally based on whether the current row/item’s SKU is already present in the store?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

tl;dr:
I need a way to use the Value Replacer to insert different values into a column based on whether a product is being added or updated.

Edit: whoops, got Generic Mapper and Value Replacer mixed up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vince RS

Total Posts:  22

I\\\\\\\’m currently trying to implement Magmi on our Magento setup but getting the following errors on the first Magmi page, this is just going to the first page and not running anything yet (obviously direct path has been replaced in the below info):

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_version.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_version.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/head.php on line 5

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623919] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/head.php on line 5

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_config.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_config.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 2

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623914] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 2

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/properties.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/properties.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_config.php on line 2

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623920] in /path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_config.php on line 2

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_statemanager.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/magmi_statemanager.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 3

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623917] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 3

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/fshelper.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/fshelper.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 5

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623909] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 5

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi_web_utils.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi_web_utils.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 6

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623950] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 6

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi_config_setup.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi_config_setup.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 26

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623940] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi.php on line 26

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: 1. h->opened_path=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/dbhelper.class.php] h->filename=[/path/to/root/magmi/inc/dbhelper.class.php] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi_config_setup.php on line 4

Notice: require_once() [function.require-once]: apc_cache_find [33623912] in /path/to/root/magmi/web/magmi_config_setup.php on line 4
and so on…

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vince RS

Total Posts:  22

Fixed this by turning off APC, only problem now is my import hasn’t carried through any options?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eracings

Total Posts:  15

Well, I tried to import but for some reason it did not import any image or media_gallery. Hmm, what did I do wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community