the quest for an efficient product import script

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

categories plugin 0.1.6b out

available here as usual

- bugfix release related to custom tree level separator

- fixed UI bug preventing custom separator value to not be taken into account at profile save
- fixed import bug creating double category import due to misuse of custom separator in base path detection instead of “/” (since root detection uses internal DB values for path which are / separated)

FORGOT THIS:!!!!!
magmi 0.7.13 out
available here as usual

###############################
# Table Naming Policy Change
###############################
From now,table prefix won’t add “_” between prefix & table names anymore.
Please update your prefixes settings to add “_” if needed.

##########
#Bugfix
#########

Core: Fixed bug that prevented retrieval of first cache miss attribute metadata (configurable attributes generated column might have triggered it)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stepbyiop

Total Posts:  1

Thanks for nice extension.

1. Import images question:
I am using Magmi v0.7.13 with imageprocessor.
I am adding only one external image for big/small/thumbnail columns in csv file.

After import I got:
- only one for big image.
- “small_image”,"thumbnail" images not exists after import.

My column for import images from csv file:
“image”,"small_image”,"thumbnail"

2. “media_gallery” column for csv file.
Can’t understand where I should set/configurate this column to have correct import.
Without “media_gallery” column import is ok.
With “media_gallery” column import is not ok.

I read your Wiki documentation, but can’t find answer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cchrisgates

Total Posts:  5

This looks like the golden nugget we’ve been looking for.  We are migrating a site from another CMS to Magento and need to import product specifications, which in Magento terms are attributes.  My questions are:
1) Does MagMI import individual attributes of a product.  I assume that attribute sets and their corresponding attributes need to be set up first.
2) If 1 is true, do you have some example csv files with explanations that I could see as I’m trying to determine what format I need to export from the current cms to Magento. 
Thanks,
Chris Gates

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@cchrisgates

1) Indeed , magmi can import all kind of attributes but those should be declared in magento first. (ie: the attribute should exist in magento & magmi will import values of this attribute for each item in import source)
2) The magmi supported CSV syntax is “Dataflow” syntax with some extensions for dataflow unsupported features like multiple images per item , custom options, category import/creation on the fly & some extra magmi “meta” processing (like product deletion)

Magmi CSV syntax is explained here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

infrid

Total Posts:  42

Hi,
for some reason I can get my csv to work, in cli mode it give me

root@casper:/var/www/magento/magmi/cli# php magmi.cli.php  -mode=create -CSV:filename="permagmi.csv" 
startup:Running Magmi Product Import Engine v1.3.2 by dweeves
startup
:Import Mode:create
title
:MAGMI by dweeves version:0.7.12a
step
:step:0.5%
plugin;Magmi_DefaultAttributeItemProcessor;pluginhello:Standard Attribute Import-1.0.0-Dweeves
PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: -1 in /var/www/magento/magmi/inc/magmi_engine.php on line 182
startup
:Performing Datasouce Lookup...
PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getRecordsCount() on a non-object in /var/www/magento/magmi/engines/magmi_productimportengine.php on line 1207

and with the gui it skips the rows

here the very short csv used for tests, it looks good to me.

any help is appreciate, thanks smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@infrid
You need to put the full path filename for your csv file in order for it to be read.

so use

-CSV:filename="/full/path/to/yourfile.csv"

moreover , in cli mode you need also to define a profile to use magmi (you could still override csv filename even using an existing profile)

Profiles are defined using magmi web UI and then can be recalled via command line.

The interest of profiles is to setup plenty of useful parameters that will configure import behaviour & options.

So , if magmi works using UI , please check URL UI Plugin & click on configure.

Then a panel will open letting you select which “automation” mode you want to use for calling magmi in a combo box.
one entry of this combo box is “magmi cli”
just use this command line to run magmi via cli.

this should help your csv to be imported

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@all

Image Processor Plugin 1.0.17a out!!! (available here as usual)

There was a typo in the media gallery processing method that could have caused some strange image affectation bugs.
Please update & check if all is ok now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

infrid

nice, thanks. Can you edit the page “Magmi command line” and add in the example something like “note: you must use the absolute path and a profile name”? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

edited previous post to explain a bit more, will update wiki as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

infrid

Great! I’ve just another little problem; the script doesn’t create and link product to categories.

I’ve downloaded the plugin for create on the fly categories, and edited my profile for use this function. The csv is the same of my previous post.

the plugin version is v0.1.6b

one another thing; the wiki says that I have to use ;; in my csv, but the admin panel still use the comma.

“light" syntax for the values: level1_category/level2_category/level3_category,level1_category2/level2_category2

“verbose” syntax for the values:

all category levels separated by configurable tree separator , defaulting to /

in each level you can put [category name]:[x]:[y]:[z] (each of x,y or z being optional) with

x: 0 or 1 , is_active
y: 0 or 1 , is_anchor
x: 0 or 1 , include_in_menu

anyway I’ve tried both ways without success.

here the console output

for some reason it can’t find a file for the reindex too :\

thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@infrid
Please update to 0.7.13, some fixes have been done since 0.7.12a.

Then, for your category problem, perhaps a lookup to your csv might help.

Wiki is right, separator for categories column in case of multiple branches is “;;” (double semicolon)

Magento Community
Magento Community

thinkle

Total Posts:  1

This took me ages to figure out so I thought I’d leave it here…

When importing images using the media_gallery column, don’t set the rename value as it will only import one image (in my opinion, this is a bug, names should be appended with an incremental value).

You may also need to change line 614 of imageitattributeemprocessor.php (great name):

$imgattrs=array_intersect($this->_img_baseattrs,$cols);

To:
$t = $this->_img_baseattrs;
$t[] = ‘media_gallery’;
$imgattrs=array_intersect($t,$cols);

But I didn’t test this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

infrid

dweeves - 02 August 2011 03:30 AM

@infrid
Please update to 0.7.13, some fixes have been done since 0.7.12a.

Then, for your category problem, perhaps a lookup to your csv might help.

Wiki is right, separator for categories column in case of multiple branches is “;;” (double semicolon)

fixed, was a mistyped column name, sorry :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

Total Posts:  142

thinkle - 02 August 2011 11:24 PM

This took me ages to figure out so I thought I’d leave it here…
When importing images using the media_gallery column, don’t set the rename value as it will only import one image (in my opinion, this is a bug, names should be appended with an incremental value).

@thinkle - Hallelujah and pass the biscuits! Been trawling through endless pages trying to find out why my gallery images weren’t working - thanks.

@dweeves - you are truly a prince among men. Great piece of work here. Well done you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dvhirt

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

So I wanted to test Magmi v0.7.13 with Magento Enterprise 1.10.1.1 and found some issues, this is what we did:

- Exported all products using dataflow in CSV format then imported them using Magmi.
- Exported all products again using dataflow and found some inconsistencies on the new CSV file.
- Tried importing this data using dataflow and got the following warnings:

Invalid option ID specified for allow_open_amount (111), skipping the record. (Line 37SKUgc_physical_card)

Invalid option ID specified for giftcard_type (112), skipping the record. (Line 37SKUgc_physical_card)

Invalid option ID specified for allow_open_amount (113), skipping the record. (Line 38SKUgc_virtual_card)

Invalid option ID specified for giftcard_type (114), skipping the record. (Line 38SKUgc_virtual_card)

Invalid option ID specified for allow_open_amount (113), skipping the record. (Line 39SKUgc_physical_card_for_you)

Invalid option ID specified for giftcard_type (112), skipping the record. (Line 39SKUgc_physical_card_for_you)

Invalid option ID specified for allow_open_amount (111), skipping the record. (Line 40SKUgc_physvirt)

Invalid option ID specified for giftcard_type (115), skipping the record. (Line 40SKUgc_physvirt)

Invalid option ID specified for allow_open_amount (111), skipping the record. (Line 41SKUgc-physical-card-200)

Invalid option ID specified for giftcard_type (112), skipping the record. (Line 41SKUgc-physical-card-200)

Also after the Magmi imported we have the following fields missing on the CSV data:

use_config_allow_message    
news_from_date    
news_to_date
special_from_date    
special_to_date    
custom_design_from    
custom_design_to 
gift_wrapping_available 
allow_open_amount    
giftcard_type 
custom_design

This is probably between due to the differences between Magento EE and CE but still would like to hear your suggestions/opinion on a possible solutions - We love Magmi’s performance!

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community