Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Beating the Configurable Products Dead Horse

rjfrasca

Total Posts:  11

I know this is an issue brought up a millin times before, but I will give it a shot by wording it a different way.

When I create a configurable product, my client absolutely does not want to see the pricing worded as “+$XX” and would rather see the actual simple product price listed for the specific option.  However, if that cant be accomplished, how can I at least remove the pricing all together and specify it in the base product description page. That way, the customer could see the price, select from a drop down box which size they wanted (with no pricing information in the drop down) and the calculation would be performed and adjust the price on the page after the option has been selected.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Or, if anyone took a different approach to satisfy a clients needs in regards to different options, different prices.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

Total Posts:  130

Mmmm. NO response for you either, eh? Yeah, I’m used to it by now. No one answers my posts - even if my questions require only yes or no answers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rjfrasca

Total Posts:  11

I know.  I had multiple questions while developing my first and second website utilizing Magento.  I had been accustomed to they type of communication that I gave and received withing the joomla and drupal communities, and found the support and community here very different.  However, the product is excellent, the code is clean and the community is growing, so I would imagine this will improve.

I was frustrated when nobody answered this or even pointed me in the right direction, so I never came back and posted the solution I ended up using.  However, since I can only assume you are having the same issue, which is how you stumbled on such an old thread, here is how I dealt with the issue.  The fix was very simple, nothing that altered the functionality of the cart, and hasn’t caused any problems with the site.

Find your products.js file.  Within that file, search for the following line:

element.options.text = this.getOptionLabel(element.options.config, element.options.config.price-selectedPrice);

replace it with this:

element.options.text = this.getOptionLabel(element.options.config, element.options.config.price);

Hope that helps you out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

Total Posts:  130

rjfrasca,

Your right, magento is great, but the community is straight weak. Thanks for you help, I’m looking forward to being able to help people once I learn more.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community