Magento Forum

magento connect downloads extension then sits/hangs, forever

55alive

Total Posts:  1

Fresh install of magento 1.3.3.0 on ubuntu 10.04 desktop.  I login to the admin section and click “System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager”.  I then copy paste my extension (magento-community/Omikron_ExportExtension) and click Install.

A few minutes later, the output at the bottom of the screen says:
“downloading Omikron_ExportExtension-1.2.2.tgz ...
Starting to download Omikron_ExportExtension-1.2.2.tgz (3,060 bytes)
. ...done: 3,060 bytes”

I wait hours.  I then try to navigate away from this screen and get “Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? There are PEAR processes running.” I never see the extension as installed, and am unable to utilize the extension per instructions.

I chmod 777 my whole dir.  I enabled logging.  I check both /var/www/magento/var/log/system.log and /var/log/apache2/error.log—I see nothing logged except the debug log i put in index.php to make sure logging is even working.  I also turned on ini_set(’display_errors’, 1); But no errors are ever displayed in the browser either.

I tried it also w/ AW_blog extension and it’s identical.  Sits and sits.

I should note that this Ubuntu install is running on VMware2.  Any ideas on why I can’t install stuff?  Is there a command line method that might have more output?

Thank you!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alessandro.rossi

Total Posts:  0

Hi,
I had the same problem. I solved it running the PEAR command line utility with -z parameter.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community