Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wholesale and Retail Stores

Paul83

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I’m reviewing Magento for a client e-commerce project; it was recommended by a colleague, though I have no experience with Magento. I’ve seen a few forum posts similar to my question, but nothing exact.

The e-commerce site must have:
(1) a wholesale store that is password protected (users are created by an Admin)
(2) a retail store that is available to the public (users can create an account or make purchases as a guest)

The stores will share the same product catalog, inventory, etc., the main difference is user access and pricing for wholesale users (all wholesale users get the same, discounted pricing).

Is Magento capable of providing this? If so, what edition will I need?

Many thanks,
Paul

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho
Mentor

Total Posts:  1702

Hi Paul
Following extension can be useful.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/MagentoPycho/extension/3954/store_restriction

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community