Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Changing the font colors for “Search Terms” page and “Sitemap” page

benrsmart

Total Posts:  10

I need some help with changing font colors.  When I go to click on the “Search Terms” and “Sitemap” pages listed in the footer links, the pages come up with white fonts on my white background.  How can I change the colors of these fonts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SpeedBird

Total Posts:  85

Look in /skin/default/YOUR_THEME/css/.

You should be able to find the CSS file to change in there. Names vary depending upon the theme installed - viewing the source of the page should provide clues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benrsmart

That doesn’t really help me all that much, as I am a total newb at this stuff.... I mean I can find the CSS files, but when I go to edit them it is not clear to me at all what I should be changing in order to achieve the required result.  Is there not some easier way of idenfitying where in the CSS files this information is located???

Magento Community
Magento Community

louise100

Total Posts:  168
UK

Hi there,

I would suggest installing an addon to firefox called Firebug which can be found here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/

Once you have installed it you can inspect elements on the page and it will show you the css that applies to those elements.  It will also give you an indication of line number in the css file to make it easier to locate any changes you want to make.

If you are using chrome or ie8, there are also similar developer tools that can help.

Good luck!

Louise

Magento Community
Magento Community

benrsmart

Got it figured out, thanks for all the help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community