Magento Forum

Magento as a back-end to a current site…is it possible? 

and448

Total Posts:  13

hey guys.

We currently have a pretty good front-end e-commerce site that works and looks as we like it.

However, it has very basic and limited back-end features (admin/cms etc)

do you guys think it would be possible to use Magento to admin our current site? I’d only be interested in the e-commerce admin (products/inventory/orders etc) for now

For this to happen I’d need to basically change our current App to work with Magento’s db schema, and also connect to Magento’s db.

The hard part however would be to change our current app, to process orders/payments/customer’s etc in a way that Magento expects.

Do you guys thing this is feasible/possible....? any big problems I should expect or tips you might have?

cool, thanks for any help

cheers, andy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Total Posts:  133
Netherlands

Of course is it possible, almost everything is possible.. but I don’t think it is is worth to customize. To convert your current design to a Magento template isn’t very hard and by far the most easy way to move your shop. But I think your question is too general to give a good answer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

and448

Total Posts:  13

hey Joaquim, thats cool, I think you’re right.

Though I do have one question. We want to maintain our payment API...how do we integrate this?

Our current application is .NET and we’re using a .NET api providd by the bank we use.....how could we integrate?

cheers

andy

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community