Magento Forum

Problem with importing product images

wundbread

Total Posts:  4

I’m doing an import and defining the image in my csv file like:

image            small_image       thumbnail
/ACE12408.jpg    /ACE12408.jpg    /ACE12408.jpg

The import adds the image into the product gallery, but does not actually use the image for the thumbnail, small, and image.

I have to then go in and manually select the thumbnail, small image, and base image radio buttons and save in order for the image to be used in the thumbnail, etc…

Any thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wundbread

Total Posts:  4

On further investigation the image, small_image, and thumbnail attributes are being written to the catalog_product_varchar table, but not the flat table.  Rebuilding product flat data doesn’t help (they are still set to NULL). 

Only thing I can do is go and manually select the image from the gallery, which obviously isn’t an option for 4,000 products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shoakeyi

Total Posts:  37

As far as I know, this did never really work with the import over csv and images. The result with my tests was always exactly the same as you describe it. But I have to add, that I only tried it until Magento 1.4.0.1 and then switched for csv-import to MAGMI, which is much more convenient for me in many aspects.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mongcybertegic

Total Posts:  38

We are having similiar problems. We don’t have any images yet uploaded into FTP, it was giving us “image error” when we tried to import our CSV.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wordism

Total Posts:  9

same problem here with 1.5.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

imagecollective

Total Posts:  5

I’ve been using magmi product for a couple of months now and it has become absolutely essential to my workflow. Up until yesterday it worked perfectly but since then it will import all the products fine, but will not create and move the image files at all. So all the products show in magento front and backend but no images are associated with it.  I’m using magento 1.5 and magmi 0.7.16 with the image processor plugin. If there is anything you can suggest to help i would be very appreciative

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community