Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Import data for magento from a file excel

Ackley

Total Posts:  28

According to me VM1.1.6 is contain a lot of php warnings because of php.ini file if you are import the data through the FTP it doesn’t work. if conversion is need ask the hoster or admin for the import path.Product data in excel to a CSV file format and then Copy the CSV file to C:\wamp\www\magento\var\import and then go to admin panel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ackley

Total Posts:  28

Magento Uses a CSV file format for import and export for products. This CSV file format contain the optimize the attributes, edit & export, import the data. According to me disallowed file type error is comes with flash type files in xls format .if you have any flash type files,just move to the media directory and then update the links. This allows to Tools->configuration, click on the interface and set the Unloadable Flash type files

Magento Community
Magento Community

kroeger

Total Posts:  11

big surprise Oh, God. It is really very problematic!! I, personally, use csv tongue wink to import data.
So, what i wanted to say. Recently I found an extension that can do exel import. You can check it out.
Guess it can be always useful to you the excel file requirements page. grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

nossa_lossa

Total Posts:  14

kroeger - 08 October 2012 03:55 AM

big surprise Oh, God. It is really very problematic!! I, personally, use csv tongue wink to import data.
So, what i wanted to say. Recently I found an extension that can do exel import. You can check it out.
Guess it can be always useful to you the excel file requirements page. grin

Many thanks! I constantly had problems with formating as I use several file types. So req. page helped me a lot.
The extension is also good. I even tried to pass demo import! Cool1! I guess it is worthy..........=)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3