Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t Login to admin after installing sample database

TalhaA

Total Posts:  3

This is really weird, I installed my site easily using Bluehost’s automatic setup function. During the installation it assigned me a random admin name and password. I used it several times to log-in to my admin panel. Then I installed sample database, now I can’t login anymore with the same name and pass. And I can’t retrieve any log-in information because it never asked me to enter an email during automatic installation. I need help please.
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

http://www.my-janelle.com

Total Posts:  9
Singapore

got the same issue as you… but did u install using simplescripts.com? if you did, it should send you your admin usernames & password to the email that you registered with…

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

When you installed the sample database, it more than likely erase or overwrote your current admin login.  I’d recommend going into the database, changing the e-mail address to yours, and then on the admin panel theres a link for forgotten passwords.  Otherwise you will have to do a fresh install.  How did you install it the first time?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hackia

Total Posts:  2

I just installed the sample data and the same thing happen,

the user name and password is the same as the demo site

login:admin
pass:123123

hope i helped u folks

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco

Total Posts:  796

Thanks hackia,

Just FYI, the sample data should be loaded BEFORE you install Magento or you run into a series of oddities such as this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tot2ivn

Total Posts:  7
Wherever the passion calls

@hackia: Thanks, dude. You save the day. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community