Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Changed the default panel that loads when go into admin, now back-end dead

eagleeyed

Total Posts:  32

Hello all,

(I am using the latest Magento 1.1.6)

I recently tried to change the panel that loads up when I log into the back-end.  It usually is dashboard, but I changed it to Orders.
I changed it via Configuration -> Admin.

Anyway, the second I did that, the backend suddenly lost access to what seems to be the CSS as it is just displaying plain text now, and whenever I try to get into admin now it still loads the dashboard first but with no styling, just hyperlinks and text, no graphics, no nothing.

When I try to get back into admin to change it firefox reports me this error:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This is the address that it is providing:

http://www.<site name removed>.com.au/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/index.php/admin/system_config/edit/section/admin/

I have searched on Google with no luck for a cure for this problem.

If anyone could please offer a suggestion to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ashley.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community