Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Online Quote Requests Only

toofar

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I’ve seen a few other posts in this forum section related to this topic, but not the exact situation.  Basically, I want to create an online catalogue of 150-200 products.  Instead of selling the product, I would like them to be added to a cart and submitted to the client for quote.  I’ve read that this can’t be done if mixing sales/quotes in the same store and I believe I’ve read that it can be done by setting all prices to zero and turning off shipping.  Is there a simple/nice looking way to accomplish this?  Can you recommend any other resources for accomplishing this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

maxwell

Total Posts:  10

we are in the same situation, we really need the module you are talking about. we are thinking about getting this done as customizations so that you can choose in your backend for each store what kind of store this should be - a) only products with prices or b) only products for price enquiries or c) both types mixed in one store.
If you (or anyone else) is interested in sharing in (this is quite a large project) - with sharing I mean both the result grin as well as the cost :-( - please contact me with a personal message

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxwell

Total Posts:  10

toofar - 09 October 2008 01:56 PM

I’ve read that it can be done by setting all prices to zero and turning off shipping.  Is there a simple/nice looking way to accomplish this?  Can you recommend any other resources for accomplishing this?

Where did you read this? I ve tried it - set all prices to 0 and now i get the error that there is no shipping method available? Can you please send me the link where you’ve read it? I would really like to get this going (only quotes - no shipping, no payment)

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

This is exactly the kind of feature I am looking for as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cvos

Total Posts:  5

I am looking for a catalog only solution, a product catalog that does not have a checkout button.  is this available?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonny98002

Total Posts:  27

Bump this!

Anyone find a solution for this yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

This isn’t quite a solution, but may lead you in the direction you want to go…

I had this created by a Magento guy named Oliverio, www.magentoxp.com.

http://www.soundisolationstore.com/requestquote

I only have about 35 products and this is a form to request a quote from us.  We have a normal store where people can check out normally as well so this is a different setup… But…

What this form does is submit just like the contacts form does and I can add/remove products from the form from an attribute on the product page including what order the products appear on the quote form.  On each product page there is also a button to request a quote for that specific product.  The URL for that is automatically generated when the product is created and looks something like http://www.soundisolationstore.com/?ID=3 and that takes the customer to the same form, but it only shows the 1 product…

Anyways, that may help, may not…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community