Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
requst for a SSH installation Guide

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Big THANK YOU to Andre, I finally got it install on my (mt) grid server but is now having a whole new problem: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/97/
Wish I saw that thread earlier.  So now my conclusion is move away from (mt) :(
If you are (mt) customers, don’t bother to try as (mt) has no support for third party software and unlikely going to do anything to accommodate Magento for the time being.

Nonetheless, with the help I got from Andre is a huge step for me to get closer to Magento smile
p/s. Roy, the Wiki article you posted, only good for geek I am afraid smile but then geek doesn’t need that to get the installation done smile

I totally missed 3 important steps that are obvious to you guyes.

with Andre’s help, I did these steps (and I am posting it here hopefully it’s something useful for others):

1) login
2) type: ls -l
3) type: cd domains (because I wanted it to install in a sub.addondomain)
4) type: ls -l (again and it brings up all domains I have in the server)
5) type: cd subdomainname
6) type : wget http://s3.assets.magentocommerce.com/product/Magento-B1Preview-0.6.tar.gz (this one I totally missed it as it didn’t occur to me that I SHOULD NOT change it to my domain name)
7) type this:  tar -zxvf Magento-B1Preview-0.6.tar.gz
8) type: exit

t

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

im flattered, thank you smile

if i can help anyone else, please do not hesitate to contact me through PM to get my msn contact details.

Regards and happy magento-ing
André

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2