Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem in admin after upgrading

Qref

Total Posts:  15

I upgraded to 1.4.1.0 and am now getting this error whenever I attempt to access Index Management or update Catalog Price Rules:

Fatal error: Undefined class constant ‘Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product::ENTITY’ in /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1206

I do not know how to fix this… any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Paine

Total Posts:  73

How did you upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Qref

Total Posts:  15

Using MagentoConnect. Should I have done it manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

You might be able to force an upgrade via SSH as we have found it’s one of the better methods. As always, take a backup before you begin. This includes your files and database(s).

Next, go ahead and login via SSH, and run these commands in your Magento root folder:

find ./ -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;
find ./ -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \;
rm -rf var/cache/* var/session/*
cd downloader/pearliib
chmod 755 ./clean
./clean
cd ../..
chmod 755 ./pear
./pear mage-setup
./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

If it doesn’t upgrade, try running this next:

./pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable

And set pear back to non-executable:

chmod 644 ./pear

Finally, load the domain up in your browser and make sure there are no errors. If you see an error, it will have a number - this corresponds with an error file in /var/report - go ahead and check that file and paste the error output.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

knarz

Total Posts:  43

I have the same error, but on all Admin pages:

Fatal errorUndefined class constant 'Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product::ENTITY' in /var/www/domain.tld/html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1206

Upgraded through magento connect from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.1.1.

Then i tried your SSH method above, with ./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest i get:

Fatal errorAllowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytesin /var/www/domain.tld/html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Installer.php on line 572

Next step was: ./pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest-stable which finished without errors, but still the same problem :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

pixme

Total Posts:  18

exactly this error occurs after overriding class ‘Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product’ through ‘app/code/local/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter’… so delete ‘app/code/local/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter’ and it will run again

Magento Community
Magento Community

Termzx

Total Posts:  4

BumpBumpBump

I’m now having this exact error ^_^. Help would be appreciated

Nvm now.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community