Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I convert my existing store to MAGENTO ??  Please help!! 

steve02usa

Total Posts:  11

Hello -

First off, thank you for taking time to read my post. I’m in the process of converting my existing storefront http://www.vintagevogue.com/onlinestore/catalog.htm into MAGENTO. I’ve been looking at MAGENTO since the very early beginnings. Now I’m to the point where I very much want to use MAGENTO. My question(s) is as follows: Are there any user manuals that will help me to actually start creating my store, creating my various pages, my various items etc. I would like to have my new store keep the same look as my existing store, so that customers will still know how to navigate around. I’ve tried going thru the sample store but have gotten lost trying to create new pages, items, pictures, etc. Can someone provide me some guidence, assistance, recommendations, etc? It would be greatly appreciated. My existing software I am using to manage my store is very obsolete and is preventing me from growing and providing my customers with new flexiability that MAGENTO offers!!!

Ideally I want to be able to use the same background as my exisiting store, along with the same photos and their sizes. I would also like to keep the same type of page layout where I have pictures of the items, descritions and then links to that section for the various items. As I mentioned, I’ve gone thru the sample store and am completely lost as to how I can do the conversion. I’m convinced that if I can get a “kick start” that I will be successful in converting my exisiting store. I have worked with other forums and have found they are extremely beneficial because of the great talent that is available!!!! From what I’ve seen here at MAGENTO, this forum also provides the same excellance in talent!!!!!

Any suggestions, ideas, recommendations, etc will be greatly appreciated. I know this is going to be a big project I am starting, but I just need to be pointed in the right directions. Thank you all for taking time to read my post.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community