Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t retrieve entity config: core/store_group

VWE

Total Posts:  5

I’m testing a full restore of my live magento site to a temp server. I backed up the full /magento/ folder excluding cached dirs etc into a tar package. I restore the files and database to my temp server but whenever I try and load the site I get the error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Exception’ with message ’Can’t retrieve entity config: core/store_group‘ in /var/www/magento/app/Mage.php:407 Stack....

I’m pulling my hair out because I can’t identify where the problem is, base urls are set correctly but this error seems to be happening before the DB connect, if I set the local.xml connect credentials to rubbish the error still appears.

Have tried numerous times on different dev servers but still hit the same error, I’m sure its something simple, can anyone help?

Pete.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Did you get an answer to this - I have the same issue and I can’t work it out - it must be simple.

Thanks
John

Magento Community
Magento Community

vsushkov

Total Posts:  9
Russia, Taganrog

Copy lib/Varien/SimpleXML from newer Magento version (1.6, for example) to your Magento installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mismouss_1

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

Same problem here when upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6. I replace the folder but without success.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sazuh

Total Posts:  1

I’ve got the same problem. Trying to find solution in all over internet and i tried almost anything. Please help me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

naveenosgroup

Total Posts:  5
India

Also I getting this error.

I didn’t found any solution on any blog. Then I just try to clear the cache and its working well..

Cheers!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

BayMagento

Total Posts:  2

For some reason did you not copy over the new /app/etc/config.xml file? The local.xml in the same folder is the only file that needs to be retained from the old version. local.xml if the file that contains the DB login information.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community