Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Poll
Do you think it would be beneficial for each magento upgrade to include a list of the /paths/filenames that were changed, added, removed etc
Yes. I think it is almost essential, given the nature of Magento and Custom Themes 5
It seems like a good idea for various reasons 0
I see no benefit to this at all 0
Total Votes: 5
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Poll: Regarding Upgrades

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

PLEASE post some short reply when you vote, to keep the poll visible. It has gotten buried because apparently voting alone does not bump it up.  If we want a true test of this, many need to see it and vote IMO.  Thanks.

Recent experience of mine resulted in my search engine not wokring when I upgraded via magento connect to 1.1.6 from 1.1.4

Troubleshooting discovered that the reason was, catalogsearch.xml was apparently changed in the upgrade, and this is one of the files I have in my custom theme folders.

For those who don’t know, magento looks at what theme you have specified in admin, and loads any files in the custom theme folder first, then does NOT load that file from the default/default theme.

Thus, if I had known that this file was changed, I would recognize it as one that I need to move to my custom folder and make my mods to it

Without knowing what files are changed, if you using custom theme, it is a sort of hit and miss thing. You don’t know something is wrong until you get errors, then have to try to figure it out.  Pls see my thread
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/19789/
for a little more background.

So anyway, with that in mind, I am wondering if we can do a poll and see who agrees that this is a good idea, to let us know what has changed etc.  So please feel free to answer the poll.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Attempting to move it up so it can bee seen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Yes we need to know which files have changed for users with customs themes and skins… if not, this can be a nightmare!

Thanks for listening!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community